The Xcerts to play Loch Ness
Play In-store Tour and hit Loch Ness for the Release of ‘In the Cold Wind We Smile’! Hot on the heels of the release of their mighty, anthemic single ‘Crisis in the Slow Lane’ The Xcerts can now confirm that they will be embarking on an in-store tour the week that their album ‘In The Cold Wind We Smile’ is released (30th March). Each show will be FREE, feature a live performance from the band and allow fans to get their copy of the band’s debut album signed.
The dates of the band ‘In The Cold Wind We Smile’ in-store tour are as follows:
MONDAY 30TH MARCH 4.00PM – 1UP, ABERDEEN
TUESDAY 31ST MARCH 5.00PM – FOPP, UNION STREET, GLASGOW
WEDNESDAY 1st APRIL 5.00PM – RISE, CHELTENHAM
THURSDAY 2ND APRIL 6.30PM – PURE GROOVE, LONDON
FRIDAY 3RD APRIL 6.00PM – BANQUET, KINGSTON
No strangers to the road, The Xcerts spent a lot of last year touring with the likes of Get Cape, Wear Cape. Fly, Twin Atlantic, Feeder and Fight Like Apes.
In addition to the band’s in-store tour The Xcerts will also continue their tireless touring schedule with additional dates (below), playing a very special intimate show on a boat on Loch Ness! Let’s hope Nessie knows a good Rock song when she hears one!
14th March – Shinkiba Studio Coast, British Anthems Festival, Tokyo (with The Fratellis)
28th March – The Ark, Edinburgh
29th March – A Boat, Loch Ness
30th March – The Tunnels, Aberdeen
1st April – Frog and Fiddle, Cheltenham
4th April – Glasgow Academy, Glasgow
7th April – Cargo (Club Attitude), London
15th April – Camden Barfly, London
17th April – Deaf Institute, Manchester
18th April – The Magnet, Liverpool
April 30th/May 1st – Hinterland Festival, Glasgow
20th June – Lexapalooza Festival, The Gaff, London
1st August – Leopallooza Cornwall (Festival)
More about The Xcerts.
With radio support from tastemaker DJs and press across the board The Xcerts are on the cusp of something big. Catch them in a venue near you now before they are filling arenas!
THE XCERTS’ story began around the turn of the century when then 13-year-olds Murray MacLeod (vocals, guitar) and Jordan Smith (bass, vocals) met in the headmaster’s office of their school in Aberdeen. In 2006 they relocated to Brighton and met drummer and Exeter exile Tom Heron, where the line-up of THE XCERTS was finalised.
After a barrage of dates with Future of the left, Bat for Lashes, Biff Clyro, Make Model, Cage the Elephant, Brakes, Get Cape.Wear Cape. Fly and Fighting with Wire and recent supports with Enter Shikari and Feeder, THE XCERTS are gearing up for recording their debut full length album late summer with producer Dave Eringa (Manic Street Preachers / Idlewild) .
They’re a double edged sword of ferocious guitar and dainty, poetic words – a distorted pop band who fuse the influences of fellow countrymen Idlewild and Biffy Clyro with the thoughtful approach to songwriting of old school ‘emo’ bands like Jimmy Eat World and Bright Eyes.
With support from Radio 1, XFM, MTV2, Rock Sound and !Kerrang, and a work ethic of epic proportions with a live show to match, these are exciting times for the Aberdeen / Exeter and Brighton based trio.
“Nothing short of astonishing” – !Kerrang
“Ludicrously Punchy” – Steve Lamacq
“’The Xcerts are going to be making big strides in 2008” – Drowned in Sound
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trots op negende plaats - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- De Forest vindt Songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl