hree-time United States figure skating champion and 2008 world bronze medal winner Johnny Weir announced his withdraw from the 2010 World Championships Tuesday. Weir, who finished sixth at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, plans to take time to train over the next few months. “After my sixth-place finish in Vancouver, I believe I must take time to reassess my strategies and goals,” Weir said. “I can assure everyone that I will be re-energized after I’ve had time to rework my technique.” Weir finished fourth at the 2009 Rostelecom Cup, won a silver medal at the 2009 NHK Trophy and took home bronze medals at both the 2009 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and 2010 U.S. Championships.
Jude Law, Justin Bieber Appearing On “SNL” “Saturday Night Live” has lined up an impressive host of, well, hosts for when it returns from being pre-empted by the Winter Olympics. The weekly comedy staple announced new episodes featuring hosts like Jennifer Lopez and Jude Law. Lopez kicks things off when the show returns on Saturday, February 27th. She’ll also be the musical guest, performing songs from her upcoming album, “Love?” The following weekend, “Hangover” star Zach Galifianakis takes over hosting duties for the very first time on the show. Airing March 6th, Vampire Weekend is the musical guest. On March 13th, Jude Law returns to host again, while Pearl Jam have been confirmed as the musical guest. It’s their fourth time performing on the show. Current teen singing sensation Justin Bieber has been announced as the musical guest for April 10th. Following a major Facebook campaign for Betty White to host “SNL,” the show is working on a deal for the actress to feature during a primetime “Women of SNL” special on April 15th. Tina Fey also reported that she would be hosting in April, but it’s currently unconfirmed if she would appear in the “Women of SNL” special or her own episode.
“SNL” is currently in its 35th season. This season’s guest hosts have included Gerard Butler, Taylor Swift, Drew Barrymore, and Jon Hamm
This can only happen in the US.
Now it’s official. Conan O’Brien has signed aridiculous high amount $45 million deal with NBC to leave the “Tonight Show.” Jay Leno will be taking over the show again as O’Brien and his staff exit the peacock network. The new deal sees Coco getting hold of a cool $33 million for himself and an additional $12 million for his crew. It’s a lot more than the first reported $32.5 million for the redhead funnyman and only $7.5 million for the nearly 200 employees, who relocated from New York to California for “Tonight.” Our source added that unlike the previous draft, O’Brien would get the severance pay in whole regardless of whether he gets another hosting gig or not. The catch: the contract includes a non-disparagement clause, meaning he may not bash NBC anymore. He will also not be able to host another show with a competing network until this fall. His last “Tonight” gig will be on Friday, with Robin Williams and Barry Manilow scheduled for guesting on Thursday and Tom Hanks and Will Ferrell slated for Friday’s appearance. Leno will be taking over “Tonight” again starting March 1 after the peacock network wraps up its Winter Olympics coverage.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Vestrock Hulst festival met niet alleen muziek - BN DeStem
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Opposites en De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig op Lowlands - Parool.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Zondagmiddag gevarieerd concert in het ICO - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KamerOrkest - De Kaap
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio