Weezer, Airbourne and Architects all confirmed for Sonisphere 2011. Flying in from Los Angeles, California, Alt-Rock Superstars WEEZER make their KNEBWORTH debut at SONISPHERE this summer.
WEEZER are one of the biggest, most popular bands to emerge from the alternative rock scene of the 90s, with ‘Buddy Holly’, ‘Hash Pipe’, ‘Undone – The Sweater Song’, ‘Beverly Hills’ and ‘Pork and Beans’, it’s WEEZER’s only English festival appearance of 2011.
Line Up So Far
THE BIG 4 – METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX
SONISPHERE KNEBWORTH takes place 8th – 10th July 2011 at KNEBWORTH HOUSE.
Adele Returns With Second Album “21″ In 2011. Grammy Award winner Adele is back with her sophomore album, “21.” The follow-up to the acclaimed “19,” “21” marks London native’s return to the music scene after nearly three years. Like “19,” “21” is named after Adele’s age at the time the songs were written. The now 22-year-old is getting ready to release her next set on Tuesday, February 22nd. The album will be led by first single “Rolling in the Deep.” The album features production from Ryan Tedder (Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson), Rick Rubin (Weezer, Shakira), Paul Epworth (Florence and the Machine, Plan B), Dan Wilson (Dixie Chicks), and Fraser T. Smith (Taio Cruz). She also re-teamed with producers Jim Abbiss and Francis “Eg” White, who co-wrote her hit “Chasing Pavements.” “I discovered lots of artists I’d never heard of, particularly Wanda Jackson, Allison Krauss, Yvonne Fair, Andrew Bird, Neko Case, Lady Antebellum and Steel Drivers who I fell in love with,” said Adele about some of the artists who influenced her sound on “21.” “Then I delved in to more from artists I’ve loved forever – Mary J. Blige, Kanye West, Elbow, Mos Def, Alanis Morissette, Tom Waits and Sinead O’Connor,” she said. “There’s something in every single one of these artists that have really really inspired ’21.’” First single “Rolling in the Deep” hits radio this month, while the video, directed by Sam Brown (Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, Doves), will premiere in December. Adele will perform “Rolling in the Deep” live on Ellen on Friday, December 3rd.
OK Go Kicks Off New Tour With A Remixing Contest. OK Go will kick off their extensive North American tour with a performance at the Los Angeles County Fair on October 3rd and a remixing contest on September 21st. In addition to its headlining dates, the band will perform at the MTV Brazil Music Awards on September 16th, at the Discover Louisville Festival in Louisville, Kentucky on October 12, and the PopTech Conference on October 21, in Camden, Maine. In addition, OK Go is partnering with Indaba Music and the Rock Band Network to launch a remix contest for their new single, “White Knuckles.”The contest encourages fans to get as creative as possible with, to not feel afraid to redefine the song in both genre and feeling. The contest will run from September 7th through October 14th. Further details are at click here. Each week starting September 21st, Dave Fridmann, producer of “White Knuckles” and the album Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, will choose his favorite remixes to feature across all OK Go web sites. All featured remixes will also be available for fans to download on the database that accompanies the pre-order for the Nov. 2nd U.S. release, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, the Extra Nice Edition. The grand prize winner will be announced on October 29th and will have his/her remix mastered and made available for download in Rock Band. The grand prize winner will also receive a gaming console, a copy of Rock Band 3, and a set of Rock Band instruments to jam with friends to their winning remix. Tickets for OK Go’s tour are on sale now.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - AD.nl
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl