Tom Ford Ends Six-Year Break From The Womenswear World. Tom Ford took a six-year break from womenswear, but he’s announced his return. After showing his new womenswear collection in New York during fashion week in September, he said he will reveal the entire collection to the public. The spring 2011 collection was shown to several fashion editors and journalists in an intimate hotel. Ford managed to convince several of his high profile muses – Beyoncé Knowles, Lauren Hutton, Liya Kebede, Rinko Kikuchi, Stella Tennant, Amber Valletta, Natalia Vodianova, Karen Elson, Karlie Kloss, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Julianne Moore, amongst others – to model his new designs. The collection reportedly reminded several of the 100 editors and journalists of Ford’s best collections for Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. “There’s a continuity from what I was doing at YSL at the end; that’s the customer,” Ford told Vogue. “It’s about individuality. Real clothes, real women. For a fashionable woman aged 25 to 75. That’s why I literally put many of my own muses in the show. I hear them say, ‘God, I can’t find that anywhere!’” Photos from the spring 2011 collection on his famous models can be seen on the Internet, which is something Ford doesn’t necessarily agree with. “I do not understand everyone’s need to see everything online the day after a show,” he said. “I don’t think it ultimately serves the customer, which is the whole point of my business—not to serve journalists or the fashion system.” In addition to the collection’s coverage in Vogue magazine, Ford will also guest edit and appear on the cover of French Vogue’s holiday issue in December.
Polo Ralph Lauren Holds Successful Fashion’s Night Out Events. Polo Ralph Lauren celebrated the second annual Fashion’s Night Out last Friday, September 10. The brand organized an event with celebrity appearances and enough fabulous fashion to inspire consumers, and invigorate the economy and create an all-around fun shopping event. The night kicked off uptown with Halle Berry at the Ralph Lauren Rhinelander Mansion. Guests enjoyed an evening of champagne and shopping while Halle signed issues of the current September Vogue; the newly single Berry is on the cover of the fashion magazine’s biggest fashion issue. Downtown at the Ralph Lauren Soho store, Jessica Alba and André Leon Talley hosted an evening of champagne and shopping with a performance by Grammy nominated singer Janelle Monáe. Monáe’s 360 degree concert from the oversized loft windows had guests dancing in the street to her soulful musical musing in honor of Fashion’s Night Out. While there were celebrity appearances at Ralph Lauren stores in New York City, different Fashion’s Night Out events happened in each Polo Ralph Lauren stores across the country. Stores in Beverly Hills, Dallas, Georgetown, Greenwich, Honolulu, Las Vegas and Los Angeles all had events. All participating stores featured official Fashion’s Night Out product benefiting the New York City Aids Fund.
Naomi Watts Named New Face For Ann Taylor’s Fall Campaign. Actress Naomi Watts will be gracing the ads of Ann Taylor’s upcoming Autumn 2010 campaign. The new ads, shot by famed photographer Peter Lindbergh, will be hitting magazines such as Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair and Vogue in September. Watts, 41, told oursource, “Ann Taylor’s new [autumn] collection makes getting dressed fun again.” The Oscar-nominated actress also went on to talk about her favorites in the collection saying, “I just melt into the cardigans. You can wear them all day and feel cozy.” The campaign is inspired by Ernest Hemingway’s “A Moveable Feast.” The collection will blend European and American style and will feature coats, little black dresses, jewelry and more. Watts will follow in the footsteps of previous models for Ann Taylor including Heidi Klum and Milla Jovovich.
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - Parool.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl