London Feis has announced Irish legends Thin Lizzy, fronted by Ricky Warwick of The Almighty and reggae impresario Jimmy Cliff will play on Sunday 19th June, whilst The Gaslight Anthem will play on the Saturday.
The festival has also confirmed Paul Brady, Eddi Reader, Hothouse Flowers and Cry Before Dawn for the Sunday and Irish indie group The Coronas for the Saturday.
Other acts announced so far are: Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Christy Moore with Declan Sinnott, The Cranberries, Imelda May, The Waterboys, The Undertones, The Saw Doctors, Clannad, Horslips, Afro Celt Sound System, Nanci Griffith, Shane MacGowan, Sharon Shannon Big Band, Frankie Gavin & De Dannan, and The Fureys.
The festival takes place in Finsbury Park, London, on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th June 2011.
The Irish music festival, which celebrates 21 years of the best Irish and international music in Finsbury Park, will see an exclusive UK performance by Bob Dylan on Saturday and Van Morrison will be headlining the Sunday. There is also an exclusive appearance from the newly reformed Irish rock band The Cranberries.
Vince Power, founder of the Mean Fiddler Group, Hop Farm Music Festival and operator of Benicassim Festival, was responsible for 13 Fleadh festivals at Finsbury Park, which was a staple on the London music calendar from 1990 until 2004. Continuing on from where the Fleadh left off, London Feis steps in with a fresh outlook: Irish in flavour, international in reach.
Vince has hosted some of the biggest names in Irish and international music and the London Feis will be a celebration of some of the acts Vince has worked with over the years.
Festival boss Vince Power said: ‘t’s great to announce even more acts across the two days and it’s fantastic to have an act of Thin Lizzy’s calibre on the bill. This year’s Feis is set to be an unforgettable experience.’
The festival will see the best Irish and international music has to offer on four stages at London’s Finsbury Park.
More acts will be announced shortly.
For all line up details, tickets, announcements and news visit:
Benicàssim are proud to announce the latest additions to their 2009 festival line up… The Psychedelic Furs, White Lies, Friendly Fires, The Bishops and Boys Noize will all perform at this year’s festival, which has already sold more than 20,000 tickets.
Situated between Barcelona and Valencia, Benicàssim 2009 confirmed its place as Europe’s hottest festival when it recently announced performances by Oasis, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and Paul Weller.
Backed by Vince Power (the founder of the Mean Fiddler and the man behind The Hop Farm Festival), the festival will take place from July 16th – 19th and has already proved extremely popular with the rising number of Brits, who are combining the festival experience with a holiday abroad.
The Psychedelic Furs will perform on the Green Stage on Sunday, July 19. The Butler Brothers and their band, one of the most important and influential in the late post-punk 70s, have confirmed for FIB Heineken 09. Along with them, White Lies, Friendly Fires, The Bishops and Boys Noize are among the newest additions to the line-up of the fifteenth edition of Festival, for which more than 20,000 tickets have already been sold!
- Dordtenaar van de week: 'Wanneer je je verdiept in geschiedenis van muziek ... - dé Weekkrant
- Op plein twee dagen urenlang live muziek van honderden Oldenzalers - dé Weekkrant
- Handgeschreven teksten Bowie onder de hamer - Volkskrant
- Middelmatig 3 Doors Down maakt weinig indruk in 013 - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Stones spelen ruim 2 uur op Glastonbury - Volkskrant
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Anouk spontaan en dronken op podium bij Club Dauphine - Parool.nl
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- Miley Cyrus wil opnieuw beginnen - NU.nl
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Ruim zestig jonge musici spelen zondag het Rosarium Concert - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert Jack Johnson op 7 september in de Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert van Thirty Seconds to Mars op 12 november in de Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Concert Queens of the Stone Age ( QOTSA ) op 26 november in Ziggo Dome ... - Vovert.nl
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel
- Communicatieaanpak Concert at SEA! - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Borrel-concert Femme Vanille op Landgoed Zonnestraal - Dichtbij.nl
- Vrijdag 21 juni Concert Veenendaals Koper Ensemble - Veenendaalse Krant