BBC Radio 1 has announced the rest of the line-up for Radio 1′s Big Weekend, at Lydiard Park, Swindon on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 May. Kicking off this year’s festival season, the station’s annual free flagship event gives 40,000 lucky music fans the chance to enjoy music from four arenas in the park – the Main Stage, the Outdoor Stage, the In New Music We Trust Stage and the BBC Introducing Stage. In addition to the Main Stage and In New Music We Trust stages whose line-ups have already been confirmed, there’s the Outdoor Stage – featuring a world class line-up of DJs and a fantastic line-up of unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar musical talent from around the UK on the BBC Introducing stage. Radio 1’s Zane Lowe revealed who will be on the Outdoor Stage during Scott Mills’ show today; and Huw Stephens named the bands that will perform on the BBC Introducing Stage in Zane’s programme.
Sunday 10 May
Outdoor Stage, Trevor Nelson, Jaguar Skills, Zane Lowe (on the picture left), Mistajam featuring Wiley, Bashy, Chipmunk, Skepta & Boy, Better Know, Fabio & Grooverider, Chris Moyles v Tim Westwood, David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland,
Chase & Status (DJ set) , Kissy Sell Out, Jaymo and Andy George, Judge Jules
Radio 1’s Pete Tong says: ‘I play at festivals all over the world but I have to say that the Outdoor Stage at Radio 1’s Big Weekend is on another level – truly amazing atmosphere, just massive, and the line up for this year looks like it’s going to stay that way.
The BBC Introducing Stage is back at Radio 1’s Big Weekend after its debut last year. Hosted by Radio 1’s Huw Stephens the stage will showcase nine bands a day across the weekend.
Saturday 9 May
BBC Introducing Stage
The Temper Trap
Bombay Bicycle Club
Sunday 10 May
BBC Introducing Stage
Kid Love Lies
Marina & The Diamonds
Sound of Guns
Huw Stephens says: ‘Radio 1’s Big Weekend was raised up a gear with the BBC Introducing Stage last year, and it’s great that we’ll be there at Swindon. The stage showcases some of the best new up and coming artists from across the UK and from the Swindon area – it’s new music a go go!’
Radio 1 DJ’s Chris Moyles and Fearne Cotton plus seven other celebrities are currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for Comic Relief and listeners have been able to hear updates of their progress via live links-ups on Radio 1 shows throughout the week. In addition Vernon Kay (who is presenting Chris’s show while he is away) and the Breakfast team have been undertaking challenges to encourage more donations – which included Vernon abseiling down Twickenham Rugby Stadium yesterday.
In the Chris Moyles Show listeners raised over £230,000 which takes the total money raised for Comic Relief by Radio 1 audiences to an amazing £1,151,182.
The Radio 1 total contributes a massive 90% to the overall total raised for the Comic Relief Red Nose Climb so far – which stands at £1,274,267.
A delighted Vernon Kay says: “Thank you to everyone who has donated money – we are flabbergasted by the support listeners have given. This week has been phenomenonal! It goes to show that when needed the nation can pull together and donate, even in times of recession.”
Ben Cooper, Head of Programmes, BBC Radio 1, adds: “This is fantastic news! We’re overwhelmed by the generosity of our listeners. It’s the first time Radio 1 alone has raised a million pounds for Comic Relief. Chris and Fearne and the rest of the team out in Kilimanjaro will be spurred on by this great news.”
To donate visit: www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/rednoseday/2009/
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - NU.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl