Fr 5/21: Ashton Kutcher, Larry Miller, Michael Ammar, Brooks & Dunn with Reba McEntire on the LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS . Ashton Kutcher: Having acquired legions of loyal female followers with his portrayal of the ever-horny and dimwitted Kelso in the popular television comedy series That 70s Show, it may come as a surprise that male model-turned-actor Ashton Kutcher ironically majored in biochemical engineering at the University of Iowa before his “discovery” in an Iowa bar and subsequent stint on the catwalk for such fashion industry luminaries as Versace and Calvin Klein. Born in Cedar Rapids, IA, along with a fraternal twin named Michael, Kutcher was bitten by the acting bug in high school. Balancing his love for the stage with his talent for wrestling before gravitating toward the former in such high school productions as +Annie, Kutcher worked numerous odd jobs during his tenure at the University of Iowa before winning the Fresh Faces of Iowa contest in 1997 and heading for New York. Competing in that same year’s International Model and Talent Agency competition before being signed to the next agency, Kutcher relocated to Los Angeles the following year and soon landed his breakthrough role on That 70s Show. Though he had small roles in Down to You and Reindeer Games (both 2000), Kutcher’s first major big-screen role was in Dude, Where’s My Car? (also 2000), in which he teamed his airheaded goofiness with that of American Pie’s Sean William Scott. Breaking out of the mold with a more serious turn alongside James Van Der Beek in 2001′s Texas Rangers, a return to comedy wasn’t far behind with a role in My Boss’s Daughter scheduled for release later that same year. Though My Boss’s Daughter would ultimately be pushed back to a late February 2003 release date, Kutcher and actress Brittany Murphy (8 Mile) scored a modest hit when Just Married was released into theaters in early January of the same year. Despite receiving only a lukewarm reception from critics, positive audience turnout ensured that Just Married would nevertheless hold on to a position in the box office top-ten for nearly a month after its release. Though My Boss’s Daughter failed to stir up much at the box-office, the one-two punch of his immensely popular MTV prank show Punk’d and a high-profile romance with Demi Moore shot Kutcher’s celebrity stock through the roof in 2003. He subsequently closed out the year with a self-depricating role in the holiday hit Cheaper by the Dozen. 2004 saw Kutcher trying his hand at drama once again with the supernatural thriller The Butterfly Effect. Though the reviews were mixed, the film had its share of fans among critics and went on to makeup its budget more than three-times over. Kutcher continued finding success on the small-screen by producing the series Beauty and the Geek. In 2005 he teamed with Bernie Mac for the racial comedy Guess Who, but audiences and critics ignored his romantic comedy A Lot Like Love with Amada Peet. 2006 found Kutcher trying his hand at more action oriented fare teaming up with Kevin Costner for The Guardian, and lending his voice to the animated film Open Season along with Martin Lawrence.
The trailers for “Valentine’s Day” pack a lot of scenes into them. The film has a star-studded cast of at least a dozen A-listers. But while you’ll catch glimpses of Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner kissing on the football field, Ashton Kutcher proposing to Jessica Alba, and Anne Hathaway straddling Topher Grace in bed, you won’t see any signs of a major gay storyline in the film. The heads of marketing over at Warner Bros. chose to disguise it instead.
“Hangover” star Bradley Cooper, who also stars in the upcoming macho actioner “The A-Team,” gets plenty of face time in the promos with Julia Roberts. They even share some warm looks and coy smiles. But Cooper is actually playing a gay man who has a closeted Football player boyfriend, played by “McSteamy” himself Eric Dane. But you wouldn’t know this from any of the trailers. In fact, Dane doesn’t appear in the trailers at all except for his name and photo when running through the cast list. However, you will see scenes of every other cast member in the film worth noting. “Valentine’s Day,” with its gay storyline in tact, will hit theaters on February 11th. The film also stars Queen Latifah, Jamie Foxx, Jessica Biel, Patrick Dempsey, Emma Roberts, Shirley McLaine, and more.
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- 'Rapper Tim Dog zette mogelijk eigen dood in scène' - NU.nl
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Volkskrant
- Duo Housequake heeft geen internationale ambities - NU.nl
- Guus Meeuwis staat stil bij eigen geluk - NU.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Ruben en Tijl hosten RTL Viert de Zomer Concert - Bruno.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl