Beyonce has no problem scoring hits on the charts (her latest, a collaboration with Lady Gaga, is currently climbing up the Top 10), and now the singer’s success is translating into major perfume sales. Her first fragrance, “Heat,” is officially yet another hit for the music star. Beyonce’s perfume only debuted in stores in last month. At the recent Retail & Luxury Goods Conference at Harvard Business School, Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren revealed that its already made more than $3 million in worldwide sales since its launch. “Heat” was heralded in by an in-store signing and meet and greet with Beyonce at the Macy’s in Herald Square in New York. Lundgren said that 72,000 bottles of her perfume were sold that in that hour. “Heat” blends a floral mix of magnolias, neroli, and red vanilla orchids with the scent of almond macaroon, honeysuckle, nectar, and crème de musk. Beyonce told WWD that this was the first time she had creative control on a fragrance (she was previously the face of a Tommy Hilfiger scent) and its all her. “Everything, from the bottle design to the name and the ideas for the commercials — that’s me,” she said. “This was my first fragrance, and I wanted to make sure that it was something I would love forever.” With demand as high as it is, Beyonce might have to add some more heat to the production line. Trying to pick up a bottle of “Heat” at Macy’s.com estimates over a month before it ships. Ouch. So while fans hopefully aren’t in a hurry to smell like their favorite pop star, she’s helping heat up the celebrity perfume market on her own.
CFDA Names Beyonce As Official Face Of Fashion For Haiti Shirt. Beyonce has been named the official face of The Council of Fashion Designers of America’s “Fashion for Haiti” t-shirt. The benefit tee is the U.S. fashion industry’s response to the Haitian earthquake. Beyonce said, “Join me and the fashion industry by buying and wearing the Fashion for Haiti t-shirt. Together we can send a message of hope by raising much needed funds for the people of Haiti.” Fashion designers Betsy Johnson, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Diane von Furstenberg, Kenneth Cole, Vera Wang, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, and more join the campaign to promote the $25 shirt. Von Furstenberg, CFDA President, said, “The tragedy in Haiti has affected everyone and most of us individually have given money for relief. However, I think it is important to send a message and create a channel for funding from fashion as an industry.” The white shirt bears a black and lime graphics designed by Peter Arnell. The sleeve will have the Fashion for Haiti slogan and the inside color will have the CFDA print. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. It will hit retailer stores across the US country on February 16. The complete list of retailers carrying the t-shirt is listed on the CFDA website.
Black Friday sales were vigorous, retailers report. But shoppers are cautious as the US economy struggles to recover, likely to buy what they need and not just what they want. Black Friday’s shopping spree sent consumers home with cart-loads of bargains — everything from flat-screen TVs to diamond-studded earrings to Zhu Zhu pets. (The battery-operated toy hamster is Continue reading
- 'Miley Cyrus en Justin Bieber maken samen muziek' - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Jared Leto wil niet op zelfde voet verder gaan - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - AD.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl