Rock superstar Lenny Kravitz has performed at venues all over the globe but on Feb. 26 he’ll stand before more that 100,000 when he plays a pre-race concert before the Daytona 500.
Kravitz, a four-time Grammy Award winner, will perform the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show, the pre-race extravaganza — shown by FOX — leading up to the start of “The Great American Race” at Daytona International Speedway.
“Lenny Kravitz is an iconic performer and multi-talented musician – he will deliver a rousing performance prior to the start of the 54th Daytona 500,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “Race fans will experience a first-class, heart-pounding pre-race show that will serve as the perfect prelude to what will be an historic and thrilling afternoon of NASCAR racing on the high banks of Daytona.”
He has sold more than 35 million albums and is the only musician in history to win the Grammy for best male vocals in rock music four times consecutively.
The world-renown musician will perform three songs prior to the start of the 54th annual Daytona 500 – the season-opening event in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Kravitz’s ninth album, Black and White America, was released in 2011 and features a mixture of funk and hard rock hits like “Stand,” “Rock Star City Life” and his new single “Push.”
After a European tour, Kravitz recently kicked off his first American outing in five years in January. The 20-city tour will wrap up in Miami on Feb. 25.
Kravitz joins a long list of stars names that have performed in the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show that includes Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey and Brad Paisley.
The Big D and Bubba Show put their spin on March Madness with the 2nd annual “Road to the Country Music Championship.” For the last week, the radio hosts randomly matched up Country artists and enlisted the help of callers to pick the winners.
2010 semifinalist Tim McGraw beat out Sugarland for the title of “2011 National Country Music Champion.” McGraw, who called into the program to accept the “golden biscuit” trophy, told Big D and Bubba he was listening to the show with his daughters when his name was chosen.
McGraw: “Well, my daughters were thoroughly impressed. I was in the car with those guys, and yeah, we all heard it at the same time. So they were pretty impressed. Course, I don’t impress them much at all. So any time I can score a point in that realm, then I’m happy.”
The Big D and Bubba Show is nationally syndicated by Premiere Networks on more than 50 Country radio stations. Please visit www.bigdandbubba.com for more information.
Academy Award-winning Gwyneth Paltrow has gone country. Gwyneth Paltrow Releases Country Single
You may or may not remember her flop dramedy “Duets,” but her cover of Smokey Robinson’s “Cruisin’” with Huey Lewis actually became a #1 adult contemporary hit. Now, she has gone country. While reports are saying she’s releasing a country album, don’t hang up those boots just yet, Jessica Simpson. It’s simply for her role as Kelly Canter, a washed-up, out-of-rehab country singer try to make a musical comeback in the upcoming movie “Country Strong.” The song, “Country Strong,” has been serviced to radio under Kelly Canter, while plenty have started to catch on that it’s actually just clever marketing for the upcoming movie, which also stars country star Tim McGraw, Garrett Hedlund, and Leighton Meester. “I won’t stay down long / Because I’m country strong,” Paltrow croons on the track, which features Vince Gill and Patty Griffin on background vocals. It’s the first single from the soundtrack to “Country Strong,” set to be released on RCA Nashville on October 26 and will likely feature even more Paltrow/Canter cuts. To further blur the lines between fact and fiction, RCA has already set up a website for Paltrow’s Kelly character, as well as MySpace and Facebook pages. The movie, “Country Strong,” will hit theaters on December 22nd.
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - AD.nl
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- Concert Editors in de Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert | nu.nl/muziek | Het laatste nieuws ... - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl