The Walkmen sign to Fat Possum for sixth album. New York rock stylists The Walkmen sign to Fat Possum and announce their sixth album. The critically-acclaimed indie rock sophisticates have spent the last year recording 29 songs in Philadelphia and Brooklyn, which have been whittled down to eleven tracks for their next album Lisbon.The title comes from the Portugese capital where the band wrote some of the core songs that form the album. Lisbon is the follow up to their lauded 2008 album You & Me, which repeatedly appeared on year-end Best Of lists. It will be released on their new label Fat Possum on September 17. The band will play Lollapalooza, then Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK in late-August, then back to the US and Canada in September before a late October/early November tour through the UK with The Black Keys
MGMT, Silversun Pickups, Against Me! and Major Lazer have been added to the ongoing ‘Soul Collective’ US tour. The 10-city jaunt kicked off on August 20 in Seattle and will hit cities including Phoenix, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and New York. It will conclude in Los Angeles November 5-8. In order to gain access to the free shows, fans must test-drive a Kia Soul on one of the three days leading up to the Sunday-night performance. Other Continue reading
The tour will coincide with the release of the bands long awaited third album, KLANG, on Monday 23rd March through V2. A single, taken from the album, entitled 1989, will be released digitally one week earlier on March 16th.
The album was recorded at Planet Roc Studios in Berlin and produced by Chris Zane (Les Savy Fav, The Walkmen, Passion Pit).
The Rakes decided they wanted to record in a fresh and exciting new environment, so they relocated to an industrial area in the old Communist part of Berlin. “The London music scene is so dull – it’s like wading through a swamp of shit. We just wanted to be somewhere more inspiring,” said Rakes singer Alan Donohoe. “Someone suggested Berlin. It didn’t take long for everyone to agree, we packed our bags and moved here just like that. We love it.’ They lived and recorded in the grounds of a Bauhaus-designed, Soviet radio station that had been converted into a studio.
On working with producer Chris Zane, Alan Donohoe adds: “The album is raw, playful, exciting, complex and schizophrenic – much like the personality of Berlin itself. It couldn’t be more of a fitting place to record it.’
KLANG is the follow-up to the highly acclaimed albums Capture/Release (2005) and Ten New Messages (2007). The Rakes will be announcing UK & European tour dates shortly.
The dates are as follows
Tue 21st Brighton Concorde 2 £11.00 01273 673311
Wed 22nd Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms £11.00 023 9286 3911
Thu 23rd Manchester Club Academy £11.00 0161 832 1111
Fri 24th Dublin The Button Factory 13.50eu 353 8187 19390
Sat 25th Glasgow Oran Mor £11.00 0844 999 990
Sun 26th Newcastle The Cluny £11.00 0191 230 4474
Tue 28th Nottingham Rescue Rooms £11.00 08713 100 000
Wed 29th London Koko £13.50 0871 2200 260
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Volkskrant
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- De Forest vindt Songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl