The Sun newspaper
The ‘Judas’ hitmaker – who sings some of her new album ‘Born This Way’ in Spanish and German – is set to have American Sign Language lessons with a private tutor after seeing YouTube videos of her deaf fans signing along to her tracks.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ‘Gaga’s already campaigned for gay rights in the States and has spoken out about political issues like immigration.
“Now she wants to make sure her deaf fans feel included too. Once she’s mastered sign language she’ll be able to respond to the videos that are online, and include signing in future live tours.”
The 25-year-old singer has previously played shows with a sign language expert interpreting lyrics for her deaf fans, and last year at a Washington concert she announced her admiration for the language.
She said: “I wish I spoke your language. That’s really f***ing beautiful. Everybody speaks the language of love and it’s so beautiful that music brings everyone together.”
Gaga ‘ who once wore a dress made of meat and arrived in an ‘egg’ for the Grammy awards earlier this year ‘ recently revealed she is “quite traditional”, despite her eccentric tendencies.
She added: “I’m really quite traditional, actually, contrary to what some people might think about me.
“I’m quite traditional in the family sense. My dad was just trying to breathe normally. He’s still trying to breathe normally.”
The ‘Smile’ hitmaker has enlisted the services of Ted Lavender – who calls himself Ted at the Controls ‘ to provide the entertainment at her reception following her nuptials to fiance Sam Cooper on Saturday (11.06.11) in Gloucestershire, South West England, after hearing his demo tape – and he cannot wait to play at the event.
He told The Sun newspaper: “I do a lot of practising in my bedroom and I don’t get nervous, except at the beginning.
“But mostly it’s just really exciting when the crowd gets going. Lily’s really nice and I’m looking forward to really rocking her party.”
Ted’s dad Andy revealed Lily is keen for Ted to mix reggae and ska tunes for her 150 guests to dance to.
He said: “My eldest daughter Sarah is Lily’s half-sister and we’re all going to the wedding. Lily wanted Ted to play.
“I’ve got quite a large vinyl collection and Ted really enjoys playing my records.
“He saved up to buy his own decks and spends every hour he can on them.”
But Ted ‘ who is also set to play in the Hipshaker tent at the Isle of Wight Festival this weekend ‘ is not planning to be a full-time DJ.
He added: “I want to be an antiques dealer and I’ll probably do DJing at the weekends.”
Lily and Sam are set to celebrate their wedding with a honeymoon at Glastonbury Festival in a luxury £1,000 tepee.
Aside from dating ‘Twilight Saga” co-star Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson says he spends most of his spare time on his own because he has nobody to hang out with.
In an interview with The Sun newspaper, the 24-year-old British actor revealed that he often has to call people and beg them to let him go out with them because he hardly ever gets invited anywhere due to his hectic career.
“I was thinking the other day that no one ever rings me up or anything,” he said. “No one ever asks me to do anything. When I’m not working, I’m one of those people who calls up their entire phone book to say, ‘Hey, what are you doing? Are you doing anything tonight? Can I go with you?’”
The actor, who met with fans Tuesday night at the London premiere of “Water for Elephants” with actress Reese Witherspoon and Academy Award-winner Christoph Waltz, also admitted he dreams of entering politics in the future.
“It sounds so ridiculous for me to say I’m curious about politics and might be a politician one day. I’d love to but I wouldn’t want to be held accountable.”
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Elsevier (Blog)
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Oude Muziek Nu - Festivalinfo
- Paris Hilton tekent platencontract - NU.nl
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert Cappella Breda in Raamsdonk - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in de Dorpskerk - dé Weekkrant
- Concert 't Huis te Poort - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl