Following the release of a free download last week via their website, THE SUBWAYS have announced a UK tour for September and the release date of their third album.
‘Money and Celebrity’ is released on 19th September 2011 on Cooking Vinyl and was recorded and produced by Stephen Street in London earlier this year. The tour kicks off in Oxford the same week as the release, their first full UK outing since October 2008.
The Subways released the brand new song ‘It’s A Party’ on Thursday afternoon (16th June) via their website with no prior warning, and the track was downloaded over 1,000 times within the hour almost cashing their server. By yesterday over 10,000 copies were downloaded.
An infectious pop-rock sound with killer hooks and sing along chorus the song is sure to sound even better when you’re bouncing around at a show. The 12 track album features music across the spectrum, melding their first album’s melodic immediacy with the second’s energetic rock power. As the title suggest, the songs were inspired by the overwhelming celebrity culture and also the financial crisis affecting the world today and how these things influence people.
New album MONEY AND CELEBRITY 19 September 2011
17 September Oxford, O2 Academy 0844 477 2000
18 September Falmouth, Princess Pavilion 0871 220 0260
20 September Birmingham, O2 Academy 0844 477 2000
21 September Nottingham, Rescue Rooms 0845 413 4444
23 September Wrexham, Central Station 01978 358 780
24 September Glasgow, Oran Mor 08444 999 990
25 September Newcastle, O2 Academy 0844 477 2000
27 September Manchester, Academy 3 0161 832 1111
28 September Sheffield, Foundry 0114 222 8777
30 September Swansea, Sin City 01792 654 226
1 October Bristol, Thekla 0845 413 4444
3 October Southampton, University 023 8063 2601
4 October London, Koko 0844 847 2258
Tickets go on sale Wednesday 22 June priced £10.50 (ex/ Southampton £11/ London £13.50) + booking fees – online tickets at http://thesubwaystickets.sandbag.uk.com
The Subways recording new album. Main man Billy Lunn has let fans know via their Facebook page that the band are currently recorning their new album. He said: “We’re in the studio recording our third album RIGHT NOW! It’s going brilliantly, and we can’t wait for you guys to hear these songs. I’m literaly about to go into the vocal booth to record vocals for song number six. Next year should be really special!” It will be their first new music since 2008 when they released album ‘All or Nothing’. The band have not been playing too much this year either apart from a performance at Hevy Festival at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in Kent back in August.
Twin Atlantic join 2000trees Festival . Johnny Flynn & the Sussex Wit, Errors, Twin Atlantic, Sonic Boom Six and Left Side Brain will all perform on the Tree House (main stage) at this year’s 2000trees Festival. Goldheart Assembly, Sparrow & the Workshop, Emily Breeze and Urusen have been confirmed for the Leaf Lounge (second stage). They join headliners Frank Turner and The Subways, Metronomy, Bombay Bicycle Club, 65 Days of Static and around 60 other acts at the festival, which takes place at Upcote Farm near Cheltenham on 16th – 17th July. Featuring two full days of live music, plus the headphone disco, DJs, comedy and campfire sing-a-longs to keep the party spirit going till dawn, 2000trees is the perfect place to discover your new favourite band. And you can listen to all confirmed acts via links on the 2000trees Festival line-up page at Promoting the finest homegrown talent emerging from the vibrant British music scene, 2000trees is the perfect place to unearth tomorrow’s stars today. With an eclectic line-up spanning many musical genres, this intimate and friendly festival has become a haven for music fans. Rising stars play alongside more established acts to create an inspiring, chilled out, fun festival of good music and great atmosphere, set within the stunning Cotswolds countryside. 2000trees is also one of the greenest festivals, winning the national ‘A Greener Festival Award’ in 2008 and achieving 90% recycling at last year’s festival.
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- 013, of: mag de muziek wat zachter? - Brabants Dagblad - Brabants Dagblad
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl