Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters who this week topped the iTunes album chart with Wasting Light said, ‘We are really excited to do the iTunes Festival in July and to perform at the legendary Roundhouse. And the fact that it’s going to be broadcast to so many people is really exciting, because making music is more about the audience than the band sometimes. I feel like the opportunities we have to reach out to more people through technology is a wonderful thing; to see the world get together and experience music, live’.
Paul Simon said, ”m excited about hitting the road with my band after a few years off the road. I am looking forward to performing at the iTunes Festival on July 1st, it should be great to play songs from the new record as well as some old ones at the Roundhouse’.
Download the official iTunes Festival App for the definitive guide to the iTunes Festival, a chance to win tickets and to watch a selection of streamed gigs live. Lucky winners will have their tickets delivered directly to their iPhone and iPod touch. The iTunes Festival app is now available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad at www.itunes.co.uk/appstore/
iTunes Festival line up to date:
1 July: Paul Simon
4 July: Linkin Park
5 July: Beady Eye
6 July: The Wanted
7 July: ADELE
10 July: Glasvegas
11 July: Foo Fighters
12: July: The Script
13 July: White Lies
15 July: Jessie J
16 July: Duran Duran
18 July: Rumer
23 July: Mogwai
26 July: Magnetic Man
28 July: Chase and Status
Further artists to be announced. Each live performance will be recorded and sold exclusively on iTunes.
The ‘Man Who Can’t Be Moved’ group – singer Danny O’ Donaghue, guitarist Mark Sheehan and drummer Glen Power – have enjoyed success in Europe and the US but believe it is due more to their work ethic than being better than their peers. Danny – who was previously in boy band MyTown with Mark – said: “I think our success has been down to hard work. I don’t think we’re any more or less talented than any other band.
“I just believe that we’ve put the grind in, being in different parts of the industry since we were kids.
“We’re not reality TV stars. We knew that a band in their late twenties trying to hit the scene would have to do it the old-fashioned way, playing gig after gig after gig.”
The group admit their success has come quicker and bigger than they expected, but they never take anything for granted.
Danny added to the Daily Mirror: “With us it’s just lads wanting to play good songs for you. We always wanted to play bigger places, but didn’t realise that we would be doing that in such a short period of time.
“To have U2 and Sir Paul McCartney turn around and ask us to support them in the same year was a dream come true. But I know I could be back without a job in 10 years. You can’t take it for granted.”
The Script ‘ Danny O’Donoghue, Mark Sheehan and Glen Power ‘ are enjoying tremendous success in America where their second album ‘Science & Faith’ has gone straight in the US Charts at number 3. Already the band have appeared on David Letterman, Live with Regis and Kelly, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen and the Today Show. They have sold over 100,000 albums and singles in one week in the US. One of the biggest selling albums in the UK last year, ‘Science & Faith’ has sold over half a million copies. They sold out their 12 date UK March Arena tour in 48 hours including two London shows: Wembley Arena and the O2. On July 2nd they play to 50,000 Irish fans at Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. Before that they play a sold out Australian tour in April including playing to 10,000 people in Sydney. They return to the US in June for a major American tour which includes a show in New York’s Central Park.
‘For the First Time’ is dominating US airwaves much as it did in the UK. Their new single, ‘If You Ever Come Back’, is out February 20th. Their UK tour starts March 14th at the Liverpool Echo Arena.
- Muziek in Jazzpodium DJS - dé Weekkrant
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Volkskrant
- Duo Housequake heeft geen internationale ambities - NU.nl
- Guus Meeuwis staat stil bij eigen geluk - NU.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Concert Cappella Breda in Raamsdonk - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in de Dorpskerk - dé Weekkrant
- Drie orkesten in concert - dé Weekkrant
- Concert 't Huis te Poort - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KVA 'Psalmen door de eeuwen heen' - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl