the Royal Albert Hall
October 23rd, film fans the world over will be flocking to London’s Royal Albert Hall to see a special screening of The Matrix with a live orchestral score.
For those who are travelling to London for the event, London hotels website LondonTown.com are offering discounted rooms at a number of top hotels in London, including several in the immediate vicinity of The Royal Albert Hall.
The film, which is widely regarded as a modern classic, will be shown in high definition on a huge screen, surrounded by the NDR Pops Orchestra from Hamburg, Germany. The recorded music, composed by Don Davis, has been removed from the footage to be replaced by a live orchestral version of the same score. It promises to be a hugely rewarding experience for any fan of the original film.
With its stunning Georgian facade, there can be few more elegant places to stay than the Baglioni Hotel on Kensington Road, which is also the nearest hotel to the venue. This immaculate hotel combines traditional British architecture with continental elegance, and can boast beautiful guest rooms, first class service, and a stylish modern Italian restaurant. Double rooms at this luxury London hotel are available from GBP194 during the week of this event, a saving of 60% on the list price.
For those on a tighter budget, the Fifty Four Boutique hotel is just a short walk from the Royal Albert Hall, and LondonTown.com are offering rooms from just GBP66 per night, 80% less than the usual price. Set in a traditional Edwardian townhouse, the interior is very modern, with black granite bathrooms and power showers, and some rooms have their own private balconies.
The Milestone Hotel sets new standards for luxury and comfort in one of London’s most desirable locations. Here, guests can luxuriate in large apartments and rooms overlooking Kensington Palace and Gardens, with all the facilities of a five star hotel, including 24 hour room service. The apartments are decked out with fireplaces, fully equipped kitchens, and en-suite marble bathrooms, and there is plenty of space to entertain guests. Rooms start at GBP250 per night, a discount of 36%.
Go to LondonTown.com to find out more information about The Matrix Live at the Royal Albert Hall, and to discover more cheap hotels in London.
Joe Bonamassa heading to the UK . Championed by Eric Clapton and praised by B.B. King, Joe Bonamassa is currently being hailed as the hottest blues rock guitarist on the planet, and what’s more, he’s coming to the UK to perform four special concerts in May. Voted Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the 2009 Classic Rock Awards, Bonamassa will play the following shows – London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (Fri May 28), Rotherham Magna Centre, South Yorkshire (Sat May 29), Bournemouth BIC (Sun May 30) and Birmingham NIA (Mon May 31). Very special guest at all concerts is Sandi Thom. Box Office: 0871 230 1101. Online booking: SeeTickets – http://tinyurl.com/32wgmj2. The tour follows Bonamassa’s critically acclaimed new studio album “Black Rock” which entered the UK Album Chart at 14 and number 1 in the Independent Album Chart. The album includes the track “Night Life” featuring B.B. King. The upcoming UK tour also follows Bonamassa’s “Live at the Royal Albert Hall” DVD which features special guest Eric Clapton.
Maximo Park have just returned from a stupendous weekend at Glastonbury, where they made festival history by having the largest attendance for an opening act, with more than 60,000 fans flocking to the Queen’s Head Stage on Thursday, June 24. Their second set, on Saturday, June 26 drew massive crowds as well, with the audiences chanting along to songs both old and new. But then, they have had such a banner year already. Their third album, the critically acclaimed “Quicken the Heart” has debuted in the UK top 10, a special comeback show at Newcastle almost caused riots and made headline news, and they have since booked key slots at all the major festivals this summer, including Glastonbury, T-in-the-Park, Reading and Leeds and many more. Now, they are back to conquer the UK all over again with their own shows, playing songs off their new record. Maximo’s Paul Smith states: “Glasgow Barrowland has been a favourite of ours, as has Manchester Apollo; there’s a real history to these music halls. In London we had a think about places we haven’t played before that had a different feel and the Royal Albert Hall is a beautiful venue that appealed to us on a number of levels.”
Maximo Park October UK Tour:
7th Glasgow, Barrowland. Tickets: £19.50
8th Manchester, Apollo. Tickets: £19.50
9th London, Royal Albert Hall. Tickets: £19.50 / £22.50 / £25.00 / £29.50
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio