The Kooks are set to release the first single from their much-awaited new album ‘Junk Of The Heart’, September 5th on Virgin.
Replete with infectious hooks and a polyphonic chorus that sparkles with youthful vivacity, ‘Is It Me’ is an anthem in the making and a shining example of Luke Pritchard’s candid lyrical style.
Having sold some 3 million records worldwide and after a three-year wait, The Kooks will release third album ‘Junk of the Heart’ on September 12th. Written by The Kooks, the album follows the band’s 2006 quadruple platinum selling debut ‘Inside In/Inside Out’ and their chart topping album, ‘Konk’, which debuted at Number One in 2008.
The Kooks are singer Luke Pritchard, guitarist and keyboardist Hugh Harris, bassist Peter Denton and drummer Paul Garred.
The Kooks play:
30th GLASGOW, Barrowlands
Sat 1st MANCHESTER, Academy
Mon 3rd NEWCASTLE, Academy
Tues 4th HULL, City Hall
Wed 5th CAMBRIDGE, Corn Exchange
Fri 7th PORTSMOUTH, Guildhall
Sat 8th BIRMINGHAM, O2 Academy
Sun 9th LEEDS, O2 Academy
Tue 11th LONDON, Brixton O2 Academy
Indie popsters The Kooks say their forthcoming third effort is ‘an album to play in the sun’.
The band’s last album Konk went top ten on the ARIA Charts in 2008 and it’s been a long time coming for album number three.
Now The Kooks promise that their forthcoming album Junk Of The Heart will be a ‘upbeat’ ‘proper’ release.
Junk Of The Heart was recorded at The Sound Factory in LA and Sarm Studios in London with producer Tony Hoffer, who has worked on albums by Air, Beck and Belle & Sebastian.
Frontman Luke Pritchard promises in a press release, ‘t’s upbeat; an album to play in the sun. What we really wanted to do was build a proper, full album. Something you can listen to from front to back. We’re an album band and this is a journey you come on with us.’
The first single is the title track, and will be out on July 11 and the whole Junk Of The Heart album is due on September 9.
Though we still remember the great Coke Live Festival 2010 gigs, it’s time to introduce part of this year’s lineup. We are pleased to announce that the 6th edition of the Coke Live Music Festival will take place in the Aviation Museum ground in Krakow on the 19th and 20th of August 2011. Today’s announcement is a full Main Stage line-up for the first festival day.
After dark, with their black suits the long-awaited Interpol will appear. This NYC band has a cult status in Poland since the release of the debut album ‘Turn On The Bright Lights’. With their new material, from last year’s self-titled album, and indie-rock-classics such a ‘PDA’ or ‘Slow Hands’ Paul Banks and Co. will thrill the audience at 11 pm.
Two hours earlier on Main Stage will be The Kooks. They are currently recording a follow-up to their Number One UK Album ‘ ‘Konk’. The Kooks, with their pop-folk-indie hymns, will be this, what Coke Live Music Festival fans have been waiting for.
Another band in the line-up is White Lies. Their new album ‘Ritual’ confirms that London-based trio wasn’t one-season star. There is also, no other English team, who within three years conquered the Polish market in such a successful way. White Lies will be performing at 7pm.
You Me At Six playing on the Main Stage will start to perform half an hour earlier, than the band’s name suggest. They released two good-received albums and now working on a third. Group will come to Poland for the very first time and their performance at Coke Live Music Festival will be a perfect chance to listen to the new songs.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Vestrock Hulst festival met niet alleen muziek - BN DeStem
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Opposites en De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig op Lowlands - Parool.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Zondagmiddag gevarieerd concert in het ICO - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KamerOrkest - De Kaap
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio