The Ghost Of A Thousand
The Subways to headline 2000trees Festival. Post-grunge punk rockers The Subways will headline this summer’s 2000trees festival, organisers revealed today. Last year the British trio were the main support for AC/DC’s stadium shows at Wembley Stadium and Glasgow’s Hampden Park. Before that they turned two years on the road touring with the likes of Foo Fighters and Oasis, and a potentially career-ending throat ailment, into their edgier second album All Or Nothing. Their debut album, Young for Eternity, was released in the UK in June 2005 and included four Top 40 British singles. The album’s most popular track, “Rock & Roll Queen,” went gold in the US. The Subways join folk-punk hero Frank Turner as headliners at this summer’s 2000trees Festival, taking place at Upcote Farm, near Cheltenham, on 16th – 17th July. Other acts confirmed include experimental rock outfit 65daysofstatic, local (GLOS) heroes Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun, The Dawn Chorus, Chris TT, Roundstone, The Tailors, Ben Marwood and popular folk singer Dan Heaver – returning for his fourth year in a row. The previous years have seen unforgettable performances from Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster, Art Brut, Slow Club, Future Of The Left, Beans On Toast, The Duke Spirit, The Ghost of a Thousand, Danananaykroyd, These New Puritans, Red Light Company and Wild Beasts to name just a few.
The mighty Feeder will be headlining the main stage at this year’s Hevy Music Festival, topping an awesome line-up also featuring Ash, Gary Numan, Hundred Reasons, The Blackout (replacing Kids In Glass Houses), Attack! Attack!, Sonic Boom Six and In Case Of Fire.
Cancer Bats headline the second stage, following We Are The Ocean, The Ghost Of A Thousand (replacing Flood Of Red), The Xcerts, Heartbreak, SHARKS, Farewell City, Mexico Fallz and After The Ordeal.
Finally, LightsGoBlue headline our local talent showcase on the Hevy Music Festival’s third stage, following More Than Normal, Amber Room, One Day Elliott, Elephants, The Startover, Kingskin, and Eleven Eleven.
The event, in its first year is run by two 22year olds, and is a mammoth acheivement with the acts involved – and part of the regeneration of Folkestone. This at a time when money is so tight in the Credit Crunch, and where the Music industry particulary is in the press with question marks over its future due to illegal downloads etc, puts this as a very topical story in many lights.
For full details please visit www.hevy.co.uk
THE DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK has just got even bigger with the announcement that the majority of performances from the Main Stage are to be streamed LIVE on www.downloadfestival.co.uk throughout the weekend of 12-14 JUNE. Following on from 2007’s hugely successful live web stream of the festival, including Iron Maiden’s epic main stage performance, this free broadcast means a global audience will be able to enjoy a selection of the incredible performances coming live from this year’s Download Main Stage. The Download Festival line up is now well and truly in place, fully locked and loaded with over 120 bands guaranteed to whet the appetite of every single festival goer. A host of new acts have been confirmed across the four stages. These are: BLEED FROM WITHIN, SLEEPERCURVE, BLACKHOLE, NEW DEVICE, THE OUTCRY COLLECTIVE, TRIPSWITCH, THE INSTIGATORS, IN CASE OF FIRE, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, SYMPHONY CULT, THE CRAVE, BILLY BOY ON POISON, THE GHOST OF A THOUSAND, PEOPLE IN PLANES, THE AUTEUR, 13 RIOTS, FOREVER NEVER, THE COMPUTERS, SERPICO, SABBAT, FLOOD OF RED, ATTACK! ATTACK!, LOGAN, FEI COMODO, JETT BLACK, MILLION$ RELOAD and RAUCOUS JAYS.
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - AD.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl