Razorlight front man plays surprise show with new band at UK’s biggest club night, Propaganda. Propaganda, the UK’s biggest club night played host last night to a special gig from Johnny Borrell’s new band. The Razorlight founder and front man played a set of new material and Razorlight classics to a rapturous audience at the O2 Academy in Birmingham with his as yet unnamed new outfit. Further Propaganda shows for the band have also been announced over the next week enhancing the reputation of this burgeoning UK club night which has seen DJ sets and live performances from the likes of Lily Allen, Kaiser Chiefs, Zane Lowe, Vampire Weekend, The Cribs, Mat Horne, Pendulum and Nick Grimshaw. The shows where Johnny Borrell and his band will be performing are as follows.
Fri 1st Oct – Propaganda Sheffield @ O2 Academy Sheffield
Sat 2nd Oct – Propaganda Liverpool @ O2 Academy Liverpool
Propaganda, the UK’s biggest club night was founded by DJ Dan and plays weekly to 20,000 people in 16 UK cities. Further announcements about more special guests will be made over the forthcoming weeks.
The Cribs to play for Wichita 10th anniversary celebrations. Wichita Recordings are pleased to announce a four-night run of shows at The Garage, London in July as part of their 10th Anniversary celebrations, which kicked off last week with the release of some special limited edition vinyl for Record Store Day*. Confirmed headliners for the shows are The Cribs, First Aid Kit and Lissy Trullie, with the fourth to be announced soon. Those Dancing Days, Young Legionnaire, Peggy Sue, Meg Baird, Skylarkin, Lovvers and Frankie & The Heartstrings are all set to play too. Special guest DJs to be announced. Wichita goodie bags will be given away to the first 200 through the door each night and there’s even talk of,. an indie raffle!
| LINE UPS | THE GARAGE, LONDON | JULY |
12 – Lissy Trullie, Those Dancing Days, Young Legionnaire
13 – First Aid Kit, Peggy Sue, Meg Baird
14 – The Cribs, Sky Larkin, Lovvers
15 – Headliners TBA, Frankie & The Heartstrings, Johnny Foreigner
Tickets are £12 (for the 12th/13th) and £15 (for the 14th /15th) and are available
Iceland volcano continues to cause more acts to cancel Coachella appearances. Earlier we reported that the band “The Cribs” and “Frightened Rabbit” had to cancel their performances at Coachella due to the cancellation of all flights out of Europe caused by the volcano ash from Iceland. However, some bands such as Thom Yorke, Gorillaz, Muse, and Hot Chip, were fortunate enough to have made it over to the U.S. before the flights were cancelled. We thought the first series of cancellations were it for the weekend, but it looks like the volcano ash has seized to disappear and more acts have been compromised. The twitter for Coachella just tweeted the following statement, breaking more bad news to the weekend passholders. “we’re sorry to report that Talvin Singh, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble and Gary Numan won’t make it to the festival” Gary Numan shared the sad news with his fans on his website with the following post:“It is now 5PM here in the UK. A short while ago I received a message saying that both the San Francisco and Los Angeles shows had sold out which cheered me up no end. A few minutes after that I received another message saying that British Airways have cancelled our flights to the US tomorrow which brought everything straight back down again. We have called every transatlantic airline that operates from the UK and not only are they not flying, they are not currently accepting any new bookings, not until tuesday for many of them. So, even if they do allow planes to fly later on sunday or monday, and that’s a very big if at the moment, we can’t book seats on any of them. Even I have to admit that it’s not looking good. As soon as we know more I’ll update you all. I can’t tell you how disappointed we all are.”We hope that this is the end of cancellations for Coachella.
More festivals to go to: Beijing Pop Festival China, Bergenfest Norway, Bestival England, Byrn Terfel’s Faenol FestivalWales, Coke Live Music Festival Poland, Ireon Music Festival Greece, Live & Loud Malaysia , Pinkpop Netherlands, Rock’n Coke Turkey, Smooth Festival Poland Sunburst KL International Music Festival Malaysia, WesterpopNetherlands, Zelt Musik Festival Germany
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Volkskrant
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- De Forest vindt Songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl