The Black Eyed Peas
Though Taylor Swift is busy on her own sold-out tour, the 21-year-old country star just can’t say no to a good cause. She’s hitting the stage with the Black Eyed Peas in New York’s Central Park on Thursday night.
Swift will join the Peas for their Concert 4 NYC benefitting the Robin Hood Foundation, which helps battle poverty in New York City. The show is expected to have over 60,000 fans in attendance.
“We are thrilled to have Taylor on board to benefit two very important causes,” Fergie said in a statement. “Not only will she will be an amazing addition to our lineup, she is an incredible inspiration to people of all ages and her music gives a voice to those who feel left behind.”
Other performers set to appear include Debbie Harry, LL Cool J and Natasha Bedingfield, while Whoopi Goldberg and Zach Braff are among the stars also scheduled to make appearances.
The concert is free but tickets are required and are sold out.
Paris Hilton isn’t just getting ready to return to television with the premiere of her new Oxygen series, “The World According to Paris.” She’s also been working on new music, which she says has much more of a dance sound.
Hilton has steadily been working on the follow-up to 2006’s “Paris,” which entered the top 10 on Billboard’s album chart and yielded the #1 dance single “Stars Are Blind,” for years and she says it’ll be out soon.
“I have a recording studio in my house so anytime I have free time, I’m always in the studio writing and working,” Paris Hilton told CNS. “I’ve been working on this album for a really long time so I want it to be perfect.”
Her debut album featured elements of pop, dance, reggae, and even disco, but Hilton says her new album is going to be even more club-ready than the first.
She even named one artist she’d like to collaborate with: David Guetta, the hitmaker behind #1 hits from The Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Rowland, and Flo Rida.
“I recently changed the direction of the album. It was more pop before but now I’m getting rid of a lot of the songs and I’m going into a different direction, which is house music,” Hilton said. “It’s going to be a lot more dance and club. It should be out really soon.”
Out even sooner is her new show, “The World According to Paris,” which premieres on Oxygen Wednesday night at 10/9c.
The Black Eyed Peas star wrote the track ‘Big Fat Bass’ for Britney’s new album ‘Femme Fatale’ and loved working with her because her enthusiasm was infectious.
He said: “I discovered her love for music. I have never seen anyone, like, come alive, full of excitement and giggling and laughing behind the mic.
‘She was like a little kid when she was recording the song and it just brought the whole atmosphere, it changed the whole atmosphere when someone really loves music. So it was great working with her.”
Despite Britney’s enthusiasm, will.i.am said she is also completely professional and didn’t any advice from him.
He added to MTV: “When someone’s excited to go out and just do it, what advice? You don’t need no advice. She is like, ‘When I say on the song, ‘You all better get ready for the kick drum,” she was already anticipating what she was going to do onstage when that beat broke down.
‘Adding that type of perspective, when we were recording it, you don’t need to give nobody like Britney advice.”
Meanwhile, will.i.am and the other members of the Black Eyed Peas ‘ Fergie, Taboo and apl.de.ap ‘ have announced plans to open a school for New York teenagers to learn video and music production through their charitable organisation, The Peapod Foundation.
will.i.am said: “Our passion for music and media was fuelled by many generous people on our road to success. Expanding the network of Peapod Adobe Youth Voices academies enables us to pay it forward, giving more youth the skills and encouragement they need to realise their dreams.”
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- De Forest vindt songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl