What do Justin Bieber and John Lennon have in common? Well, not much, other than that they’re both the top online entertainment searches by kids. According to Norton Online Family, the top searched item for kids online is current teen pop phenomenon Justin Bieber. Now, that makes sense, with the teen titan sporting millions of Twitter followers and constantly hawking new albums, toys, and even a 3D film.
But somehow at #2 is legendary Beatles frontman John Lennon, who passed away long before most kids with access to a computer were born.
Now we’re sure the Beatles might be skewering a little younger than usual. Their entire back catalog was added to iTunes recently, whose biggest customers are probably tweens and teens with plenty of extra cash.
But according to Norton Online Family, apparently kids are more interested in John Lennon then say Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or Rihanna. Was there a mandatory nationwide report due on him?
The research, based on 20 million anonymous search-engine queries from kids in 20 countries, found that more than 75% of entertainment searches made by kids online were for songs or musicians.
Other than Bieber, Lennon, and Lady Gaga, other most searched queries by kids included “Dynamite,” “Waka Waka,” and “Teenage Dream.”
Norton Online Family Kids’ Top 25 Entertainment Searches
1. justin bieber
2. john lennon
3. lady gaga
5. waka waka
6. teenage dream
7. love the way you lie
8. katy perry
Katy Perry Earns Second Hot 100 #1 Single With “Teenage Dream”. Katy Perry is living the dream, earning her second consecutive #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week with “Teenage Dream.” “Teenage Dream,” the title track to her newly released #1 album, moves up into the top spot this week, thanks to its airplay gains and selling another 221,000 copies of its digital single. “Teenage Dream” is Perry’s second #1 single after “California Gurls,” which spent six weeks at the top earlier this summer. That means Katy Perry dethrones Eminem and Rihanna from #1 after leading the chart for seven weeks with “Love the Way You Lie.” The single, which passes the 3 million sales mark this week in digital downloads, is down to #2 this week. At #3 for another week is Taio Cruz with “Dynamite,” which sells another 165,000 copies this week. Climbing up this week to #4 is “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars. Mars earns his highest charting position for his new solo single, which is currently at #2 on the Hot Digital Songs chart, selling 175,000 copies this week. Down a spot to #5 this week is Enrique Iglesias with “I Like It,” featuring Pitbull. Pitbull as also featured on this week’s #6 single, Usher’s “DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love,” which is down from #5 last week. Climbing up two spots to #7 this week is Taylor Swift with “Mine,” up from #9. Moving up two spots to #8 this week is Ke$ha with her fourth top 10 single from this year’s “Animal,” “Take It Off.” The single is set to surpass the 1 million sales mark next week. At #9 is Nelly, who climbs up from #13 last week, with his latest single “Just a Dream.” It’s Nelly’s first top 10 single on the Hot 100 since 2005’s “Grillz” and his 10th as a lead artist overall. Closing out the top 10 is Katy Perry, once again, who makes her second appearance on the chart this week. Along with holding the #1 spot, Perry’s “California Gurls,” featuring Snoop Dogg, is down to #10 this week.
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 For the Week Ending September 18th, 2010:
1. “Teenage Dream,” Katy Perry
2. “Love the Way You Lie,” Eminem feat. Rihanna
3. “Dynamite,” Taio Cruz
4. “Just the Way You Are,” Bruno Mars
5. “I Like It,” Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull
6. “DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love,” Usher feat. Pitbull
7. “Mine,” Taylor Swift
8. “Take It Off,” Ke$ha
9. “Just a Dream,” Nelly
10. “California Gurls,” Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- De Forest vindt songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl