Oli Brown celebrates the release of his new album at HMV’s Oxford Street store. Blues guitarist Oli Brown celebrates the release of his new album, ‘Heads I Win Tails You Lose’, with a free show and signing session at HMV’s flagship Oxford Street store in London’s West End on Wednesday 26th May 2010. Showtime starts at 5.00 pm, after which Oli will remain in the store to meet fans and sign copies of his new album which is officially released on Monday 24th May 2010. Produced by the legendary producer Mike Vernon, ‘Heads I Win Tails You Lose’, is the follow up to Oli Brown’s much-acclaimed debut ‘Open Road’. Up until 2002, Oli Brown had never picked up a guitar, yet by 2006 (at just 16) he had toured in America, twice, opening for Blues royalty such as Buddy Guy, Koko Taylor, Taj Mahal, shared UK stages with Walter Trout, Paul Jones, Buddy Whittington and even the Godfather of British Blues, John Mayall.
A star-studded medley of musical guests played tribute to Pete Seeger at a benefit concert for the legendary folk singer’s 90th birthday. Bruce Springsteen , Dave Matthews, Emmylou Harris, Ani DiFranco and John Mellencamp were among the 40 musicians performing in Madison Square Garden for the Sunday night show, a benefit to raise awareness for Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, an organization Seeger started to preserve and protect the Hudson River. A lone light shone on Seeger as he opened the show playing a flute solo called “Menomonee Love Song.” As the lights came up, they revealed the outline of a sloop, fitting for an event dubbed the Clearwater Concert after the organization’s vessel, the gaff sloop Clearwater. The crowd ranged from teens to octogenarians and perhaps even older. Springsteen brought them to laughter as he introduced Seeger. “He’s gonna look a lot like your granddad that wears flannel shirts and funny hats. He gonna look like your granddad if your granddad can kick your ass,” the Boss said. “At 90, he remains a stealth dagger through the heart of our country’s illusions about itself.” John Mellencamp came out early and performed, “If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song).” “It was the very first song I learned how to play on guitar,” he said. Most of the evening consisted of multiple artists performing together with one highlight coming before the intermission. Pete Seeger joined by Emmylou Harris, Joan Baez, Billy Bragg, and others for a spiritual version of “We Shall Overcome.” Arlo Guthrie, son of folk legend Woody Guthrie, was joined by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band for “Oh Mary Don’t You Weep.” Tom Morello was the evening’s interloper, performing four numbers with different artists. The most impressive was his duet with Springsteen near the end of the show. The pair traded verses on Springsteen’s “the Ghost of Tom Joad.” The former Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave guitarist also performed “John Henry” with Tom Paxton, and “Waist Deep in the Big Muddy,” with Taj Mahal. Dave Matthews told the crowd: “The first concert that my mother took me to was Pete Seeger.” Then he launched into a searing version of “Whiskey Rye Whiskey.” Seeger and the rest of the evening’s performers came on stage for an extended cover of Woody Guthrie’s “This Land is My Land.” They came back on for several encores and at the end brought out the entire Seeger family. Proceeds from the event will go toward preserving and protecting the Hudson River.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - AD.nl
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl