BBC Radio 1 has announced the rest of the line-up for Radio 1′s Big Weekend, at Lydiard Park, Swindon on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 May. Kicking off this year’s festival season, the station’s annual free flagship event gives 40,000 lucky music fans the chance to enjoy music from four arenas in the park – the Main Stage, the Outdoor Stage, the In New Music We Trust Stage and the BBC Introducing Stage. In addition to the Main Stage and In New Music We Trust stages whose line-ups have already been confirmed, there’s the Outdoor Stage – featuring a world class line-up of DJs and a fantastic line-up of unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar musical talent from around the UK on the BBC Introducing stage. Radio 1’s Zane Lowe revealed who will be on the Outdoor Stage during Scott Mills’ show today; and Huw Stephens named the bands that will perform on the BBC Introducing Stage in Zane’s programme.
Sunday 10 May
Outdoor Stage, Trevor Nelson, Jaguar Skills, Zane Lowe (on the picture left), Mistajam featuring Wiley, Bashy, Chipmunk, Skepta & Boy, Better Know, Fabio & Grooverider, Chris Moyles v Tim Westwood, David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland,
Chase & Status (DJ set) , Kissy Sell Out, Jaymo and Andy George, Judge Jules
Radio 1’s Pete Tong says: ‘I play at festivals all over the world but I have to say that the Outdoor Stage at Radio 1’s Big Weekend is on another level – truly amazing atmosphere, just massive, and the line up for this year looks like it’s going to stay that way.
The BBC Introducing Stage is back at Radio 1’s Big Weekend after its debut last year. Hosted by Radio 1’s Huw Stephens the stage will showcase nine bands a day across the weekend.
Saturday 9 May
BBC Introducing Stage
The Temper Trap
Bombay Bicycle Club
Sunday 10 May
BBC Introducing Stage
Kid Love Lies
Marina & The Diamonds
Sound of Guns
Huw Stephens says: ‘Radio 1’s Big Weekend was raised up a gear with the BBC Introducing Stage last year, and it’s great that we’ll be there at Swindon. The stage showcases some of the best new up and coming artists from across the UK and from the Swindon area – it’s new music a go go!’
City Showcase announces the first round of acts chosen to play at this year’s festival on May, 7th, 8th and 9th. London’s premiere new and emerging music festival, City Showcase, has announced the first round of artists confirmed to play at this year’s festival and confirmed the event will be free!! The first acts announced include Sky Larkin, White Belt Yellow Tag , My Toys Like Me , Swound , The Telegraphs , Hunting The Minatour , The Screaming Lights and The 9000 who will all play free shows at City Showcase’s prestigious Xfm sponsored nights at the Borderline on May 7th,8th and 9th.
The above nights will be hosted by Xfm’s DJs Jon Hillcock and Ian Camfield while all the events and acts chosen will receive around the clock coverage across the station. This year the City Showcase Rock Night on May 8th will also be sponsored and supported by Rock Sound magazine who has also been involved in the selection process for the evening.
Keep a look out as City Showcase will also be announcing more cutting edge acts to be playing at some exciting and interesting venues and stages across London over the course of the next few weeks.
Acts to have previously played at City Showcase’s prestigious Xfm sponsored rock, Indie and electro nights have included Razorlight , Keane, Gallows, We are the Ocean , Scouting For Girls, Hot Chip and many more and City Showcase hopes that this year’s event will also help bring similar industry awareness to more great new and emerging artistry .
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- Veel muziek tijdens Samenloop voor Hoop - Den Helder Actueel
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Anouk op achtste plaats bij wedkantoor - Volkskrant
- Voortbestaan feestorganisator UDC 'twijfelachtig' - NU.nl
- Mikal Cronin blikvanger op Le Guess Who? - Volkskrant
- Gotye: is de muziek op? - EditieNL
- TROS wil 'niets liever' dan Anouk als winnares Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk als dertiende in finale Songfestival - NU.nl
- Concert met cello en orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Concert met Martin Brand - dé Weekkrant
- Twee koren in concert - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Concert Beyoncé Antwerpen gaat door - NU.nl