Fleet Foxes is an indie folk band which formed in Seattle, Washington, United States in 2006. The band consists of Robin Pecknold (vocals, guitar), Skyler Skjelset (guitar), Christian Wargo (bass, guitar, vocals), Casey Wescott (keyboards, vocals) and J. Tillman (drums, vocals). They are signed to the labels Sub Pop and Bella Union.
Fleet Foxes released the six-track Fleet Foxes EP in 2006, a five-track EP, Sun Giant on April 8, 2008, and their debut full-length self-titled album, Fleet Foxes on June 3, 2008. It was given 4 stars by Rolling Stone, and compared to the likes of The Beach Boys, Animal Collective, and Crosby, Stills & Nash and Psycho Karaoke from Australia. On June 6, 2008, they received a 9.0 out of 10 in a review by Pitchfork for their self-titled LP, and on December 19th, the Sun Giant Ep and the self titled LP together shared the title of Pitchfork’s #1 album(s) of 2008.
The quintet describe their music as “baroque harmonic pop jams.” They have played at major venues such as the Bumbershoot Music Festival in Seattle, Washington, South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas and Sasquatch! Music Festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre in May 2008. On June 24, 2008, Fleet Foxes went #1 on the CMJ Radio 200 Chart.
Fleet Foxes and Explosions in the Sky have been confirmed for headline slots at the End of the Road Festival 2009, with other confirmations including Okkervil River, Magnolia Electric Co, The Broken Family Band, The Acorn, The Dodos and Mumford and Sons.
Little need be said here about Fleet Foxes except that it’s hard to think of a better place to see them play than the leafy Garden Stage, with a glass of local cider and a peacock meandering about nearby. They’ll be headlining on the Saturday, with Explosions in the Sky taking the Friday slot.
In alphabetical order, the full list of artists announced today is as follows:
The Boy Least Likely To
The Broken Family Band
Explosions in the Sky
The Lost Brothers
Magnolia Electric Co
Mumford and Sons
They join a lineup already including: Alela Diane, Archie Bronson Outfit, Bob Log III, Charlie Parr, Efterklang, Howlin Rain, Joe Gideon and the Shark, Lay Low, The Low Anthem, Motel Motel, Peter Broderick, Sparrow & The Workshop, Steve Earle, Tallest Man on Earth, This Frontier Needs Heroes, William Elliot Whitmore and Whispertown 2000
Tickets for the End of the Road Festival 2009 are available to buy from http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com. Prices are as follows…
Adults (aged 13+): £115
Children (aged 6 to 12): £30
Children (aged 5 and under): Free – but must ‘purchase’ free ticket in advance
The festival takes place from 11 – 13 September 2009 at Larmer Tree Gardens in North Dorset. All info at http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com.
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trots op negende plaats - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl