Sneaky Sound System
Set in the Highlands, Rock Ness combines a breathtaking natural amphitheatre with a stunning line up. Grabbing some exclusive performances, Rock Ness has emerged in just three short years as one of the best festivals around.
Amongst the latest additions to the bill are Scottish indie heroes The Aliens. Formed from the ashes of The Beta Band, The Aliens released their second album late last year to acclaim from both fans and critics alike.
Joining the Fife group on the bill are Just Jack, Australia’s Sneaky Soundsystem and Glaswegian newcomer Tommy Reilly. One of ClashMusic’s ’9 For 2009′ Baddies are sure to impress on the mainstage while festival legends The Cuban Brothers are also set to perform.
Further down the bill hot new DJ Annie Mac has been confirmed alongside Radio 1′s brightest new stars Jaymo and Andy George. Manchester group The Whip are set to bring their sleek live show to Rock Ness, and will be joined by Scottish rustic rockers Frightened Rabbit.
As always, Clash will be there to add a little spice to the affair. Clash hosts the Wonderland Arena, where previous headliners have included The View and French electro legends Daft Punk. This year the organisers have secured a major coup with rave heroes Orbital set to play a rare live set.
The Hartnoll brothers disbanded in 2004, but are set to bring their legendary live show to the Highlands along with a sure fire party atmosphere.
Rock Ness takes place in Dores, near Inverness between June 12th – 14th.
Sneaky Sound System will release their self-titled UK debut album on 20 April 2009 through 14th Floor Records. The album will feature hits such as forthcoming UK single ‘I Love It’, which holds the record for the longest charting single in Australian history at 73 weeks; ‘UFO’, which became Radio 1′s Weekend Anthem; and ‘Pictures’, which was made Radio 1′s Record of The Week by Jo Whiley and was described by The Sunday Times as ‘a blast of sugar-rush electro, stealing hearts’.
Sneaky Sound System are Sydney trio Miss Connie (Connie Mitchell), Black Angus (Angus McDonald) and MC Double D (Daimon Downey). Their origins lie in the hugely successful club night ‘Sneaky Sundays’, whose guest DJs have included Tiga, LCD Soundystem and Hot Chip. In Australia, their new album ’2′ has debuted at the top of the album chart. This follows the success of their first album, which has now gone triple-Platinum and spawned four hit singles. They’ve also won four ARIAs (Australian Recording Industry Awards – the Aussie version of The Brits).
On Wednesday 11 March, Sneaky Sound System will headline London’s Shepherds Bush Empire as part of a UK tour. The new live dates follow three sold-out London shows for Sneaky in 2008, including Koko in November.
Tracklisting for ‘Sneaky Sound System’:
1. I Love It
5. It’s Not My Problem
6. Kansas City
7. When We Were Young
8. I Just Don’t Want To Be Loved
9. Because Of You People Say I’m Crazy
10. Lost In The Future
11. Don’t Get You
12. I Want Everything
13. Where Do I Begin?
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Anouk op achtste plaats bij wedkantoor - Parool.nl
- Voortbestaan feestorganisator UDC 'twijfelachtig' - NU.nl
- Mikal Cronin blikvanger op Le Guess Who? - Volkskrant
- Gotye: is de muziek op? - EditieNL
- Internationale media lovend over Anouk - Parool.nl
- TROS wil 'niets liever' dan Anouk als winnares Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk als dertiende in finale Songfestival - NU.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Concert met Martin Brand - dé Weekkrant
- Twee koren in concert - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert - Telegraaf.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Concert Beyoncé Antwerpen gaat door - NU.nl