Metal heroes Slayer and Rob Zombie join forces for a sixteen-date tour across the US and Canada. The tour, dubbed Hell On Earth, is purportedly the first time these metal legends have shared a stage since Ozzfest in 1999 ‘ twelve years ago (we guess that sharing places on the Soundwave bill this year don’t quite count.
Slayer axeman Kerry King said in a statement: ‘You can expect no less than ‘hell on earth’. Total sonic annihilation and a visual bludgeoning. Bring your own body bag…’
And Rob Zombie got a little Spinal Tap on the fans, saying, ‘Total destruction on stage and off is what this combination promises. Seriously, how much more Hell could you ask for? The answer is none more Hell.’
They’ll play 16 dates in late July and early August, from Pittsburgh to Seattle and hopping up Canada for shows in Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver.
Before the tour kicks off, Slayer join Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth for the monstrous Big Four concert in California on April 23.
Metallica to play Sonisphere Festival 2011. Sonisphere Festival 2011 will be bringing together Metallica, along with Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax ‘ collectively THE BIG 4, for the first time in the UK to headline on Friday 8th July. METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich explains: ‘As soon as the Big 4 gigs started rolling across Sonisphere Festivals in Eastern Europe last summer, we all felt we were part of something special. The vibe within the bands was more than anyone had anticipated and the vibe with the fans was so next level, it completely blew our minds . . . there was no way this should not happen again!!! So I am beyond psyched that the first Big 4 show in Western Europe will take place on the hallowed grounds of Knebworth, where so many unique and special gigs have happened over the years. There is simply no better venue for a European round two of the Big 4!! Put your dancing shoes on, this is gonna be fun!’ Last summer saw the live debut of THE BIG 4 – marking what was possibly the most significant event in the history of metal. Fans all over Europe could barely contain their excitement, as over 500,000 metalheads bore witness to the show they thought they’d never see. THE BIG 4 fever did not stop at Europe, as fans the world over eagerly anticipated the possibility of seeing the historical show for themselves in their own countries. Such was the demand that a live cinecast of the Bulgarian show saw over 130,000 people turn out to local cinemas, with reports of mosh pits breaking out in movie theatres across the globe. The recently released DVD of the event, which features all four bands collaborating on a cover of Diamond Head’s ‘Am I Evil’ as well as their individual sets, has only added fuel to the BIG 4 fire, with a frenzied demand for more performances in the countries not fortunate enough to play host last summer.
Metallica have just finished their 2 year World Magnetic tour – which crossed 45 countries, included 143 arena shows, 34 festival shows, 29 stadium shows, 4 club/theater shows, 3 tv/radio shows, 2 hall of fame shows, 3790 songs, with not a single setlist being the same.
That’s 216 shows in 992 days. The tour opened with a European promo show on September 12, 2008 in Berlin, and hit virtually every corner of the globe. You can watch the ‘Big Four’ live DVD trailer here: http://bit.ly/azGBbR
SLAVES TO GRAVITY debut album was released on March 31st 2008. It’s called Scatter The Crow and it features 13 songs written in London and recorded in the Lincolnshire countryside. The Album, along with all 4 singles, is available from iTunes and all good online music outlets and actual real life record shops – are there any left? We’re currently mixing our new record and we hope to get it out into the world soon. It’s called UnderwaterOuterspace and it’s gonna blow your balls off! Lots of tour dates coming up in 2010, so come down and see us live sometime. We’ll make it worth the effort. Slaves To Gravity and a handful of live shows. Catch them at:
July 24: Guildford Bolier Rooms
July 31: London Garage (Upstairs) (Sonisphere Warmup)
Aug 1: Sonisphere (Headline Jaegermeister Stage)
And remember, SLAVES TO GRAVITY are offering their new single for FREE from www.slavestogravity.com
Taken from their eagerly anticipated new album underwaterouterspace it is a stunning taster of their new material.
Underwaterouterspace was produced by Bob Marlette (Black Sabbath, Slayer, Alice Copper) and is slated for a Sept 2010 release.
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Extra Gold: een weekend vol muziek - Mediapages
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Johannes Rypma overhandigt Nick & Simon eerste cd - Parool.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Concert jeugd de Harmonie - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant
- Eerste concert Big Band Ter Apel in het kader van het 10 jarig bestaan een succes - Westerwolde actueel