DJ culture has definitely gone mainstream. Several big name disc jockeys are heating the charts with their own releases, while others are vying for Grammy awards.
So it doesn’t come as such a surprise that Simon Cowell, of “American Idol” and “X Factor” fame, has teamed up with actor/singer Will Smith to find the next hot DJ.
Cowell’s Syco Entertainment announced a partnership with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment to create the new show, Cowell announced Thursday.
In the statement, Cowell said, “We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people. DJs are the new rock stars; it feels like the right time to make this show.”
Pinkett-Smith added, “This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent.”
Simon Cowell is reportedly spending around £1.2 million on renovating his US mansion.
The music mogul is preparing for the launch of his latest TV venture, US X Factor, which will see him introduce the successful singing competition franchise to American screens.
The star, who is reportedly earning £45 million per year for the show, plans to spend his wealth on some extravagant home improvements.
British newspaper The Sun is reporting that builders will be renovating his Beverly Hills home while he shoots US X Factor.
“He is redoing the entry way, changing all the windows as well as repainting and adding a new state-of-the-art movie theatre. He has done this so in future he can watch repeats of his shows as if he was in the audience,’ claimed a source.
“The new look will cost roughly £1.2 million.”
It has been claimed Simon may even offer neighbours the chance to go on a spa break in a bid to reduce complaints about the disruption. Apparently some local residents were angered by renovations he carried out in 2009.
“He does feel bad for causing the neighbours trouble and has offered to buy them spa days to help them relax,” added the source.
X Factor will premiere in the US next month, with Simon being joined by fellow judges Nicole Scherzinger, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul.
Paula has spoken to TV Biz about her plans to cause havoc on the show. Despite being good pals with Simon from their time as judges on American Idol, she has formed a strong alliance with Nicole.
“He’s going to wish that he never hired me,’ she laughed.
“Nicole and me are to be feared because we are fierce. We are performers. We understand the spirit and psyche of artists.”
The music mogul ‘ who appears on the judging panel of the show alongside Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger ‘ blamed a helicopter falling on his car for his tardiness, and L.A. revealed the British star is often late.
He told the crowd: ‘We are going to star without him. We don’t want you to have to wait and he’s always late. This time we’re going to get rolling, Simon or no Simon.’
Discussing his plight with the crowd, Simon joked he had a busy morning.
He said: ‘ had quite a hectic day. I’m very sorry.’
The 51-year-old star arrived during the middle of an audition, and when the participant turned out to be good, he took the credit.
An audience member told Digital Spy: ‘Simon was clearly delighted to arrive in the middle of a fantastic audition too – and naturally took full credit for it being so great. There were no complaints from him when the audience went even more crazy to see him.”
The US ‘X Factor’ has been beset with issues since it began in May ‘ original judge Cheryl Cole was replaced by Nicola when she reportedly failed to gel with Paula, who worked with Simon on ‘American Idol’.
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio