Logo Announces New Floral-Designing Competition Show “The Arrangement”. Logo is announcing the network’s first-ever floral design competition series. “The Arrangement” will feature designers competing against each other in a series of floral designing challenges in unexpected ways. The channel is promising “high stakes challenges, colorful contestants and explosive conflicts” in its new series. It will see ten designers – Anil Pacheco, Bonnie Kim, Derek Woodruff, Eddie Zaratsian, Gloria Baker, Guillermo Del Pero, Jenny Barker, Russ Phillip, Tara Cottrell, and Tenley Young – competing against each other in a series of over-the-top challenges that will include models without clothes, drag queens, and Smart Cars among others. The head judge will be Eric Buterbaugh, who has the reputation as “America’s premier floral designer.” His celebrity clientele include Oprah Winfrey, Madonna, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, and the President of the U.S. and the Queen of England. New York Times best-selling author Gigi Levangie grazer will act as host and one of the judges. Celebrity guest judges will include Nancy O’Dell, Antonio Sabato Jr., Omarosa, RuPaul, Nick Verreos, Traver Rains, Shanna Moakler, Tatiana Byron, and LaLa Vasquez. The eight-episode “The Arrangement” will premiere on Logo on October 4.
The day before Yesterday, the Miss California Organization disclosed that it paid for Carrie Prejean’s breast implants before she appeared in the Miss USA pageant two weeks ago. “It was something that we all spoke about together,” Shanna Moakler, Co-Executive Director of the Miss California Organization told Access Hollywood. “It was an option and she wanted it. And we supported that decision.” Prejean has become something of a media sensation ever since she denounced gay marriage during the Miss USA telecast. Though she lost the crown (and blames this loss on the fact that she had to answer a question about gay marriage in the first place), things aren’t all bad: Prejean is currently starring in an ad slamming same-sex unions and also reportedly dating Olympic gold medal winner Michael Phelps.
But let’s get back to the boobs. My main problem with this “we bought her breasts” news is it sends a terrible message to young women. I’m not really sure who pageants are for anymore, but I’d guess a large portion of the audience is girls who aspire to be as beautiful as Miss USA. By funding Prejean’s enhancement surgery, pageant officials are essentially saying that a big, fake plastic chest is an ideal aesthetic that females should aspire to. It’s a beauty contest after all, and obviously the experts believed their contestant would have a better shot at winning if she possessed larger melons. One could argue that pageants have always been fake, but something about the extremeness of this, about surgically altering one’s appearance (rather than just applying some Vaseline to your teeth or getting a fake tan), seems to me very ethically wrong. I ask you: Should a pageant pay for its contestant’s plastic surgery?
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- Denemarken wint Songfestival, Anouk negende - Volkskrant
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- 013, of: mag de muziek wat zachter? - Brabants Dagblad - Brabants Dagblad
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Craig David draait de tijd terug in Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Muziek zien in kleur? Iedereen kan het en ziet dezelfde kleuren - Scientias.nl
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Nieuwe concert-app tegen telefoonopnames - SpitsNieuws
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl