The Foo Fighters frontman ‘ who has daughters Violet, four, and 22-month-old Harper with wife Jordyn ‘ revealed his spouse was understanding of his wish to record the group’s new album ‘Wasting Light’ in their home because his work is all he thinks about. He said: ‘My wife has been really cool about me recording the album here. There were 25 people at my house every day.
‘She understands that it’s my job. But more than that, it’s the one thing I do. I don’t do anything else. I don’t go hiking or have hobbies or sports or friends. I just do this.’
The ‘Rope’ singer believes working on the album in his house – with guitarists Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear, bassist Nate Mendel and drummer Taylor Hawkins – had an impact on how it sounds, and he will be reminded of the experience whenever he hears the record back.
He explained to UK Elle magazine: ‘Studio memories are really vivid and they last forever. So when I hear a song on the radio that we’ve made, I remember that day, I remember what I was wearing, what I ate.
‘Making the album here in this house, that was part of the concept. The experience dictates what the music sounds like, so rather than it being some cold mechanical process that ends up like a sheet of paper in a book, it’s more like a real experience that comes through in the way you play guitar or sing.
‘When I listen to any of the stuff here, I remember things like the day my daughter took the splicing tape and tied all the door knobs together.’
Foo Fighters will headline the NME Awards Big Gig 2011. Following the news that Dave Grohl has been awarded the prestigious NME Godlike Genius Award, NME is excited and proud to announce that Foo Fighters will headline the NME Awards Big Gig 2011 at Wembley Arena on Friday February 25th. Thousands of Foo fans will enjoy a triumphant set, in what will be their first arena gig of 2011. As well as the classics, fans will be treated to previously unheard material from the band’s hotly anticipated new studio album. Commenting on the Godlike Genius Award commemorated by the Foo Fighters’ headline slot on this amazing evening, Dave Grohl said: ‘ don’t think I’m godlike or a genius. It’s flattering. It’s a nice thing to be acknowledged for doing something you love to do… In truth I don’t consider it a body of work because I don’t consider it work.’ Joining Foo Fighters for this unique one-night-only event will be the greatest voice in American music today, Cee Lo Green. Having set the internet alight in 2010 with ‘F*** You’, one of the year’s most controversial and popular singles, and his critically lauded album ‘Lady Killer’, Cee Lo Green is sure to pull out all the stops for the NME Awards 2011 Big Gig. Cee Lo commented: ”m so excited man, any Cee Lo show is good, but Cee Lo and Foo Fighters, it’s going to be off the hook.’ Tickets for the NME Awards 2011 Big Gig go on sale exclusively from www.nme.com/tickets on Wednesday 19th January at 9am, before remaining tickets go on general sale on Friday 21st January at 9am. Ticket price is £40 (plus booking fee), which includes a free copy of a 100-page special NME Dave Grohl magazine worth £4.99.
New York Dolls to release ‘Dancing Backwards in High Heels’. Blast Records is proud to announce the signing of the legendary NEW YORK DOLLS and the release of their fifth full-length album, “Dancing Backward in High Heels”, released in the UK on Monday 14th March 2011, followed by a full pan-European release on Friday 18th March 2011. The follow-up to 2009′s “Cause I Sez So” was recorded in September 2010 at Blast Recording Studios in Newcastle, England with producer Jason Hill (Louis XIV/The Killers). The album features original NYD members, David Johansen (vocals) and Sylvain Sylvain (guitar) with Brian Delaney (drums), Jason Hill (bass) and original Blondie guitarist Frank Infante. The CD will be packaged with a bonus DVD filmed during the recording of the album, incorporating previously unseen footage and “live” audio tracks from the bands three sold-out performances at The Cluny venue in Newcastle, on September 4th, 5th and 6th 2010.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - Dichtbij.nl
- Vriendschap onderdeel van succes Toppers - NU.nl
- Twee dagen kennismaken met muziek en dans - BredaVandaag.nl
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Gezamenlijk concert - Veenendaalse Krant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio