London Rounds Out Its Fashion Week; Milan Fashion Week Begins. London is wrapping up their fashion week, and the fashionable crowds are moving on to Milan. London finished up their last collections for menswear on September 22. Menswear Day, traditionally the last day of London Fashion Week, featured Ozwald Boateng, who is the Savile Row celebrity tailor, Topman BFA nominee E.Tautz and J.W. Anderson. Anderson’s latest collection was just bought by Liberty. This was the second season Topman showed separately from the MAN umbrella, which it sponsors. Now in its 11th season, the MAN event showcases three up-and-coming designers each year during London fashion week. Yesterday’s most successful show was Felipe Rojas Llanos, who showed men’s sculptural silhouettes, shiny fabrics and voluminous coats. September 22 was also the start of Milan’s fashion week, and the first collections shown were from Gucci and Alberta Ferretti, while Fendi, D&G and Prada are scheduled for September 23. Other highlights include Versace, Bottega Veneta, Dolce & Gabbana and Missoni. Roberto Cavalli, Giorgio Armani and Versus will bring the proceedings to a close on Monday.
Courtney Love Is The Subject Of New Fashion Blog. Courtney Love was a fashion icon for about five minutes when she cleaned herself up circa 1997 and became the face of Versace and covered Harper’s Bazaar. But for the most part, she’s just bizarre. But with a new fashion blog, she’s hoping to get back to her red carpet heyday. Love launched a new blog, What Courtney Wore Today, to show that while she’s a mess, she’s well dressed. The purpose of the blog is reportedly to try and clean up her image and show off her fashionable side yet again. The blog is chockfull of extremely blurry camera phone pictures of Love in get-ups by designers like Prada, Givenchy, Lanvin, Valentino, Balmain, and more. Only Courtney Love can make these designers look grungy. Love’s imagine only became worse as reports of her behavior at shows on her current tour, in support of Hole’s latest album “Nobody’s Daughter,” said that she wasn’t performing up to par and also spewing racist remarks. While What Courtney Wore Today will continue to feature the singer’s daily designer ensembles, I imagine a What Courtney Said Today blog would be more popular.
Gucci Goes Green; Announces New Eco-Friendly Initiative. Gucci is going green. The Italian luxury brand has announced that it is going to make a few green changes, including redesigning their packing to be eco-friendly, using 100 percent recyclable FSC Certified paper. The Italian label will now forgo the usual plastic laminate surfaces found in their tissue paper, bags and boxes. The ribbon and garment bags have been switched to cotton from the original polyester material. They will be packing their shoes in one flannel instead of two. They will also give out gift boxes only when requested. Also, Gucci is replacing all of its mannequins with a new version, designed by Frida Giannini, which is made with shockproof polystyrene and finished with water-based paints. Creative director Frida Giannini was quoted by vogue.co.uk as saying, “This project proves hat you sacrifice nothing creatively when working with environmentally friendly materials.” “The new packaging is very beautiful and evokes perfectly the combination of Gucci’s values and the traditions for which is has become renowned since Guccio Gucci founded the company in Florence nearly 90 years ago.” “I believe we have a collective responsibility towards future generations to minimize our impact on the environment.” The initiative will be introduced in all of its 284 stores starting this month.
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Azerbeidzjan onderzoekt stemmen Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Ontspannend klankschaal-lig-concert op vrijdag 31 mei. - CulemborgseCourant.nl
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl