Britney Spears has a track with a “rock feel” which features Travis Barker on ‘Femme Fatale’. The ‘Hold It Against Me’ hitmaker worked with the heavily tattooed Blink-182 drummer on a track for her forthcoming album, which producer Rodney Jerkins describes as “out of her norm”.
He told MTV: “I’m really excited. I did two songs on her album, and one of the songs I did, I brought in Travis Barker.
“It’s got this rock feel which is out of the box, out of my norm, and I think it’s out of her norm as well. We had a great time making this record.”
Rodney – who has previously worked with artists including Michael Jackson, Beyonce Knowles and Spice Girls – also told how Britney had a lot of input on the tracks, saying she was “very hands-on” and is “a top-notch veteran pro at this now.”
Britney has herself previously described the album as “moody, edgy pop with a lot of energy.”
Travis has most recently been in the studio working with Blink-182 on their comeback album, their first since their self titled fifth album in 2003.
Foo Fighters will headline the NME Awards Big Gig 2011. Following the news that Dave Grohl has been awarded the prestigious NME Godlike Genius Award, NME is excited and proud to announce that Foo Fighters will headline the NME Awards Big Gig 2011 at Wembley Arena on Friday February 25th. Thousands of Foo fans will enjoy a triumphant set, in what will be their first arena gig of 2011. As well as the classics, fans will be treated to previously unheard material from the band’s hotly anticipated new studio album. Commenting on the Godlike Genius Award commemorated by the Foo Fighters’ headline slot on this amazing evening, Dave Grohl said: ‘ don’t think I’m godlike or a genius. It’s flattering. It’s a nice thing to be acknowledged for doing something you love to do… In truth I don’t consider it a body of work because I don’t consider it work.’ Joining Foo Fighters for this unique one-night-only event will be the greatest voice in American music today, Cee Lo Green. Having set the internet alight in 2010 with ‘F*** You’, one of the year’s most controversial and popular singles, and his critically lauded album ‘Lady Killer’, Cee Lo Green is sure to pull out all the stops for the NME Awards 2011 Big Gig. Cee Lo commented: ”m so excited man, any Cee Lo show is good, but Cee Lo and Foo Fighters, it’s going to be off the hook.’ Tickets for the NME Awards 2011 Big Gig go on sale exclusively from www.nme.com/tickets on Wednesday 19th January at 9am, before remaining tickets go on general sale on Friday 21st January at 9am. Ticket price is £40 (plus booking fee), which includes a free copy of a 100-page special NME Dave Grohl magazine worth £4.99.
Primal Scream reveal that Kylie Minogue wanted to work with them. The Australian singer ‘ who has previously collaborated with artists including Nick Cave and Manic Street Preachers ‘ approached the ‘Loaded’ hitmakers to write a track for her, but the group were having too many problems to accept. Frontman Bobby Gillespie revealed: ‘We met her twice ‘ at a photoshoot and then she came to a gig in Australia. She was lovely. ‘ think she was looking for us to write a song for her and make a record with her. But we were having problems even writing songs for ourselves at that point. So it never happened.’ Primal Scream ‘ who were previously famed for their drink and drug-fuelled partying ‘ recently marked 25 years since the release of their first single ‘All Fall Down’ but the group are surprised their career has lasted so long. Asked if he ever expected the group to be around 25 years, 48-year-old Bobby admitted to Q magazine: ‘ didn’t think I’d be alive then. I probably didn’t want to be alive. Seriously. ‘So the answer is no. But I always knew we were good. It was always a serious thing. It wasn’t like a part-time thing before you go back to doing a real job.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Vocaal concert Cultuurplein Noord Veluwe - Veluweland.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl