Estranged husband-and-wife duo Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson won’t get back together even after a seemingly friendly Valentine’s Day lunch together with their son Bronx if Papa Joe Simpson gets his way. Ashlee’s dad is apparently glad that his daughter is going to be single again because he wants to be the only man in her life.
According to our source, just like when Ashlee’s big sister Jessica split from then-husband Nick Lachey years ago, Joe is glad that his younger daughter is splitting from her man. The Simpson patriarch is said to enjoy being the only man his girls have in their lives.
A source told us, “Joe is doing nothing to encourage Ashlee to give the marriage another try, if only for the sake of her son. Joe like being the only man in his daughters’ lives and is happy that Ashlee has moved back into his hom [in Encino, CA], just like Jessica did after she announced she was leaving Nick.”
A desperate Pete even reached out to Ashlee’s parents to get her back, back Joe couldn’t be bothered to help.
A friend of the Fall Out Boy rocker claimed, “Joe got rid of Nick, and now he is saying goodbye to Pete. Let’s hope Ashlee finds more happiness than Jessica did when she finds herself officially single again.”
The 31-year-old rocker ‘ who has a two-year-old son Bronx Mowgli with wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz ‘ has been in ‘dad-land’ over the last year and is looking forward to returning to work with new band Black Cards, particularly as his child is now old enough to ‘see the world’. Pete said: “The great thing right now is that my family is very mobile and are able to tour with me. And I think that’s the only thing that would’ve been a hurdle. But the fact they’re kind of able to go, I want to be back out there. “And it’s really cool to be able to see the world and to do it on a record company’s dime, so I’d like to kind of do that and I’d like to show my son the world as well.” Pete is also taking part in a charity competition, where he leads one of four teams ‘ with the others fronted by Run-DMC’s Reverend Run Simmons, New York Yankees star Nick Swisher and tennis ace Serena Williams ‘ who are trying to get to Dallas for the Super Bowl in a race fuelled by tweets and the musician is happy to be raising money for a children’s charity. He told our source: “My charity is St. Jude’s Children Hospital. It’s really an important charity to me, especially since becoming a dad the past two years of my life now and god forbid my son ever got sick. “It’s good people who are doing good things for children.”
Jessica Simpson’s new boyfriend ‘easygoing’. The ‘Dukes of Hazard’ actress’ sister Ashlee revealed she and husband Pete Wentz sometimes go on double dates with Jessica and her new man, NFL football player Eric Johnson, and she enjoys his gentle nature. She told our source: ‘He’s just really easygoing, they’re a fantastic couple. We’re definitely, like, all a big family, so we double date all the time.” Ashlee has also lifted the lid on her and Pete’s Halloween weekend with their 23-month old son Bronx, and her decision to crop her hair to short and blonde. Ashlee added: ‘For me it’s a fun change with my hair, I had fun, just a new do, chop it all off, be blond again, good times! ‘We had the best Halloween together, Bronx wore several different costumes, but I can’t tell you what.’ Although she enjoyed Halloween, Ashlee admits her favourite holiday is just around the corner, and she is already getting in the festive mood now. She said: ”m obsessed with holidays, I’m, like, ready for Christmas music now, I just get that way, I can’t help it.’ The ‘Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)’ singer is also working on a fourth studio album, but she won’t release anything for a while, as she is concentrating on her family life. She added: ‘ am working on it, but I’m taking my time, my little boy is my priority, I’m having a blast, but sometime late next year.’
- Anouk trekt bijna 5 miljoen kijkers - Parool.nl
- De Forest vindt Songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Gitaar Beatles geveild voor 400.000 dollar - Parool.nl
- Songfestival: de top 5 op een rijtje - Volkskrant
- ABBA haalt plaatverkoop The Beatles in - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Justin Bieber verbreekt record Candle In The Wind - NU.nl
- Hoe groot zijn Anouks kansen? - Volkskrant
- "Muziek laat Syrische kinderen weer stralen" - NOS
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl