Paula Abdul says working with Simon Cowell again is like being on a ‘turbo-charged bike’.
The 49-year-old American recording artist and choreographer worked with the British music mogul on hit talent show American Idol between the years 2002 and 2009.
Paula joined the panel alongside Simon in 2002, before leaving the popular show after eight seasons.
The pair are starring alongside each other again on the judging panel for the highly-anticipated US X Factor, where they will judge budding singers with Nicole Scherzinger and LA Reid.
Paula has likened her working relationship with Simon to a fast-paced ride.
“Sitting down, it was like getting on a bike again,” she told ET Online. ” a new path and with a turbo engine on the bike.”
Meanwhile, Nicole insists that her role in the show is motivated by her genuine compassion for the contestants. The star, who replaced British songstress Cheryl Cole on the panel after she was sensationally axed from the line-up, was part of a reality TV girl group Eden’s Crush before finding fame with Pussycat Dolls.
“I’m definitely coming from a place of empathy and compassion,” she said.
“Being a part of the show is like a phenomenon. This is something no one’s ever seen before.”
US X Factor premieres next month on FOX.
The music mogul ‘ who appears on the judging panel of the show alongside Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger ‘ blamed a helicopter falling on his car for his tardiness, and L.A. revealed the British star is often late.
He told the crowd: ‘We are going to star without him. We don’t want you to have to wait and he’s always late. This time we’re going to get rolling, Simon or no Simon.’
Discussing his plight with the crowd, Simon joked he had a busy morning.
He said: ‘ had quite a hectic day. I’m very sorry.’
The 51-year-old star arrived during the middle of an audition, and when the participant turned out to be good, he took the credit.
An audience member told Digital Spy: ‘Simon was clearly delighted to arrive in the middle of a fantastic audition too – and naturally took full credit for it being so great. There were no complaints from him when the audience went even more crazy to see him.”
The US ‘X Factor’ has been beset with issues since it began in May ‘ original judge Cheryl Cole was replaced by Nicola when she reportedly failed to gel with Paula, who worked with Simon on ‘American Idol’.
Paula Abdul Debuts New Dance Series In January. Paula Abdul is getting back in the judge’s seat in January for her new show, “Live to Dance.” The new dance competition series on CBS will go head-to-head with the latest season of her former employer, “American Idol.” On “Live to Dance,” Paula Abdul serves as executive producer, mentor, and lead panel expert which will judge the dance acts going head-to-head for a grand prize of $500,000. That’s double the prize for winning “So You Think You Can Dance.”. Paula will be joined on the panel by former Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt and Travis Payne, best known as choreographer to Michael Jackson. Andrew Günsberg will host. “Live to Dance” will premiere with a special two-hour episode, where Dance Domes were specially constructed for the show in New York and Los Angeles and dancers of all backgrounds and ages and styles were invited to audition. The dancers were then given one more look before moving on into a “dance-off,” where they’ll win one of 18 spots to compete against one another during a live show, leading up to the grand finale where one dance act will be named the “Live to Dance” champion (and of course that half-million dollar prize). “Live to Dance” premieres Tuesday, January 4th at 8pm ET/PT for its special two-hour event, before moving to its regular time-slot Wednesday, January 5th at 8pm ET/PT. Live broadcasts begin Wednesday, January 12th.
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Winnend lied Denemarken gejat van Nederlandse band? - Telegraaf.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl