Paramore were the only alternative act in the top ten downloads, Hayley Williams and co only managed to make it to number ten with their track ‘crushcrushcrush’ which sold 6.1 million copies reveal xfm.co.uk. Top spot went to American singer Kesha’s debut release ‘Tik Tok’ with more than double that – 12.8 million copies. Although the digital market increased by 6% bosses are still blaming illegal downloads for it not being bigger. IFPI chief executive Frances Moore said: “As we enter 2011, digital piracy, and the lack of adequate legal tools to fight it, remains the biggest threat to the future of creative industries. “Great new legitimate music offerings exist all over the world, offering consumers a wide range of ways to access music. “Yet they operate in a market that is rigged by piracy, and they will not survive if action is not taken to address this fundamental problem. This is the challenge and the opportunity for governments to seize in 2011.”
The top 10 digital singles in the world in 2010 were:
1. Tik Tok by Kesha sold 12.8 million copies.
2. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga sold 9.7 million copies.
3. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem featuring Rihanna sold 9.3 million copies.
4. Telephone by Lady Gaga sold 7.4 million copies.
5. OMG by Usher featuring Will.i.am sold 6.9 million copies.
6. California Gurls by Katy Perry sold 6.7 million copies.
7. Hey, Soul Sister by Train sold 6.6 million copies.
8. Baby by Justin Bieber sold 6.4 million copies.
9. I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas sold 6.1 million copies.
10. crushcrushcrush by Paramore sold 6.1 million copies.
Lady Gaga Voted The #1 Top Live Act Of 2010. Say what you will about the state of the economy, but it was harder to score a ticket to the biggest shows of the year than ever. Selling out arenas and venues all over the US, our readers couldn’t get enough of these music stars on stage. After hundreds of votes, these are the Top 10 Live Acts of 2010.
Top Live Acts of 2010
The Florida rockers performed their farewell tour this Spring, disbanding after eight years and five studio albums, bringing other great bands Deas Vail and Person L along with them for the bittersweet ride.
With a jaw-dropping “Glitter in the Air” performance at the Grammys early in the year, Pink kept up her high-flying stunts during her overseas Funhouse Summer Carnival tour which made her the only female artist selling out stadiums this year.
8. Pretty Reckless
However you see her, foul-mouthed brat or teenage provocateur Taylor Momsen, who flashed her 17-year-old breasts to the audience during a Pretty Reckless show earlier this year, has made her and her band seem like Courtney Love Jr. and Hole-lite.
7. Adam Lambert
The “American Idol” almost-winner set out on his first headlining tour this year, giving fans all the glitter, glam, and throaty wailing they could hope for.
The Hayley Williams-fronted rockers set out on a headlining tour in support of last year’s “Brand New Eyes,” which included plenty of cell phone-lit renditions of their hit “The Only Exception.”
Before she was the “Only Girl (In the World),” Rihanna was on her “Last Girl on Earth” tour, performing hits off last year’s “Rated R” and her mega-hit “Umbrella.”
4. The Black Eyed Peas
Though it was their “E.N.D.” tour, the Black Eyed Peas showed absolutely no signs of slowing down this year. They spent nearly the entire year selling out arenas worldwide while performing their latest #1 hits, including “Imma Be” and “I Gotta Feeling.”
The Colombian pop princess earned one of the biggest international hits this year with the World Cup anthem “Waka Waka (Time For Africa)” and one of its biggest tours, in support of her latest album “Sale El Sol.”
Robyn released one of the most acclaimed albums of the year with “Body Talk” and her North American outings this year, where she performed singles like “Dancing On My Own” and “Hang With Me” to a throng of sing-along crowds, had Billboard calling her “one of the greatest pop performers of this decade.”
1. Lady Gaga
The “Bad Romance” singer kicked off the year with one leg of her “Monster Ball Tour” and is closing out 2010 with yet another. Continuing on through 2011, the tour will finally wrap in May after 200 performances. Performing hits off “The Fame,” “The Fame Monster,” and soon to be amended with material off her upcoming “Born This Way,” Lady Gaga continues to mesmerize her little monsters with one of the biggest tours of the year, enough to be voted as the #1 Live Act of 2010.
My Chemical Romance full tour dates. When My Chemical Romance debuted material from their current album release ‘Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys’ with a phenomenal show at London’s HMV Hammersmith Apollo, Kerrang! described the event as ‘truly triumphant’, while NME observed it as an ‘utter slaying of London’. My Chemical Romance will commence 2011 with the release of the single ‘Sing’ on January 10th on Warner Bros. Records. The slow-burning, inspirational ‘Sing’ was cultivated at the home studio of producer and Warner Bros. Records chairman Rob Cavallo (Paramore, Green Day). The video, directed by the band’s frontman Gerard Way and P.R. Brown (Prince, Alicia Keys, Smashing Pumpkins), can be seen at www.mychemicalromance.com. ‘Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys’ is the album My Chemical Romance have been building towards their entire, nearly decade long career. From soaring sentiment (‘The Only Hope for Me is You’) to bare-knuckled brawling in the streets (‘DESTROYA’) it defies lazy labels and demolishes expectations. Beholden to no scene, credo or code it’s a rock ‘n’ roll album from the future aimed directly at the dead-hearted present. ‘Next year it’ll be ten years since we’ve been together,’ says guitarist Frank Iero. ‘That’s a long time to stay in one shade. And I think if you’ve been a fan of our band for a long time then you need these different feelings in your life, these different emotions to come through. And I know that because it’s what we need right now.’ Now fans who missed out on that intimate show can experience material from ‘Danger Days’ in the live setting for the first time with the confirmation of a major nationwide arena tour in February 2011. My Chemical Romance will play:
February 2011 Box office
12th ‘ London, Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815
13th ‘ Birmingham, LG Arena 0844 338 8000
15th ‘ Glasgow, SECC 08444 999 990
18th ‘ Manchester, MEN Arena 0844 847 8000
19th ‘ Nottingham, Trent FM Arena 08444 124 624
21st ‘ Cardiff, CIA 029 2022 4488
22nd ‘ Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena 0844 493 6666
- Franse componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - Volkskrant
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- MS MR zijn muzikale zielsverwanten - Volkskrant
- David Bowie-bassist Trevor Bolder (62) overleden - Parool.nl
- Guus Meeuwis staat stil bij eigen geluk - NU.nl
- Bassist Uriah Heep (62) overleden - NU.nl
- Toppers krijgen hulp van jeugd - Parool.nl
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband voor Voedselbank Ede - Ede Stad
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis vanavond LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl