Fashion Lovers Can Check Out New Lauren Fashion Show Online. Fashion lovers from all over the world now have the chance to view the new collection from Lauren Ralph Lauren. The new spring 2010 line has just be released and features everything from floral tunics, ruffled shirts and metallic sheen cardigans. Fashionistas can shop the upcoming season’s hottest new looks, while also listening to the comments of four of the top fashion editors in the world. The editors featured in the commentary include Nina Garcia of Marie Claire, Adam Glassman of O, the Oprah Magazine, Avril Graham of Harper’s Bazaar and Michelle McCool of Cosmopolitan. Fans can also submit style questions for the editors to answer or they can just read through other submitted questions to learn some new style tips. The editors will answer all types of questions such as layering, translating outfits from day to night and the best way to pair the new pieces. The new collection features preppy patterns, vintage-inspired silhouettes and bright colors and includes new arrivals for men, women, girls and boys. To view the latest styles and hear or read the comments from the editors, head to RalphLauren.com.
Bid On Oprah’s Clothes on eBay. As part of Oprah’s “Great Closet Clean-Out” — a process described in detail in the last issue of O, the Oprah Magazine — the queen of all media is auctioning off more than 150 of her cast-offs on eBay — from a Chanel bag to a Carolina Herrera dress. From March 1 – 11 (kicking off at 11AM on March 1), anyone can bid on a piece of Oprah’s closet on The O Magazine’s auction page on eBay, with all proceeds going to the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy. Unlike, say, Lindsay Lohan’s recent auction on her website, this particular selection of clothing seems likely to have been paid for by Ms. Winfrey herself — she even describes unearthing a gold jacket by Ferré that she bought for Quincy Jones’ 71st birthday party (can you imagine having stories like that about your clothes?). In addition to the items pictured here (a Chanel bag, a Carolina Herrera dress, and a pair of Jimmy Choos), there are some more sneak peek items featured on the O website, including a classic cream suit and chic Barry Kieselstein-Cord chain-strap bag.
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls – South Africa supports the development of a new generation of women leaders who, by virtue of their education and leadership, will lead the charge to positively transform themselves, their communities and the larger world around them. To accomplish this goal, the Academy provides a rigorous and supportive educational environment for academically talented girls who come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The Academy strives to equip its learners with the intellectual and social skills necessary to assume positions of leadership in South African society and beyond.
During a December 2000 visit with Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey pledged to build a school for girls in South Africa. Two years later, on 6 December 2002, Mr. Mandela and then Minister of Education Professor Kader Asmal joined Ms. Winfrey to break ground on the site of the Academy, located in Henley on Klip in Gauteng province.
On 2 January 2007, the Academy officially opened with 7th and 8th grade girls. The Academy will grow by one grade each year until it reaches full capacity in 2011, with approximately 450 girls in grades 7 through 12.
Through personal donations by Ms. Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation contributed more than US$40 million toward the Academy’s creation. The Foundation will continue to operate the school and its boarding facilities. The Foundation is a Section 21A company registered in South Africa, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation and a US 501(c)(3).
- Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - Volkskrant
- Anouk vindt Roemeen 'engerd' en Deense 'onaardig' - Volkskrant
- President Azerbeidzjan gelast hertelling Songfestival - Volkskrant
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - Shownieuws
- Jared Leto wil niet op zelfde voet verder gaan - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar Billboard Awards - NU.nl
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Bryan Bijlhout op concert Pinksteren - Waterkant
- Toon Hagen geeft concert op Meere-orgel - Veluweland.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - Nieuwsblad Transport
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Dinsdag LIVE: Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam | nu.nl/muziek | Het laatste nieuws ... - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Bryan Adams voor intiem concert naar Nederland - Telegraaf.nl