Jane’s Addiction’s first album in eight years, ‘The Great Escape’ is inspired by Radiohead and Muse – a move that Farrell admits might not be to his fans’ tastes.
‘t’s a strange mixture of that post-punk goth darkness that Jane’s had, with what’s going on today with groups like Muse and Radiohead,’ NME reports singer Perry Farrell as saying. ‘As much as I want to appease fans and make old Jane’s fans love me, I just can’t help myself from moving forward.’
That’s right. Jane’s Addiction: “moving forward” by taking inspiration from the two biggest bands of ten years ago.
The album features original members Perry Farrell, Stephen Perkins and Dave Navarro on vocals, drums and guitar respectively, with bass duties being taken care of by session muso Chris Chaney and TV On The Radio’s Dave Sitek.
‘The Great Escape Artist’ will be the band’s fourth studio album. It will hit stores at the end of September.
The Strokes’ Nickolai Fraiture tweets from the studio but Julian Casablancas is still cranky with his bandmates. The band’s bassist has been tweeting about new music, only weeks after they released their long-awaited Angles album.
Fraiture tweeted ‘Super excited to go in to the studio today and work on some new ideas! I’ll keep you posted…’, then clarified ‘For The Strokes, of course!’ and delivered a studio photo of the band setting up.
In the meantime, singer Julian Casablancas has been griping to NME that he has become the band’s whipping boy.
He said, ‘t’s hard for me sometimes because I do feel like people, if they could, would stab me to get to the top. I’m kidding of course . that’s why the whole ‘friend’ thing is hard for me. We do interviews and they point the finger at me. They’re my such good buddies that everything is my fault. We should have called the album Frenemies.”
Since Angles was widely reported to have been recorded with the members all phoning in their parts, hopefully this next effort will unify the band again.
Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood will release his third film soundtrack. NME reports that the soundtrack for the forthcoming film Norwegian Wood will be released in March to coincide with the UK release of the film. The film is Anh Hung Tran’s 2010 adaptation of the 1987 Murakami novel of the same name. Greenwood composed the soundtrack, which was then performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra and the Emperor Quartet. The soundtrack was performed live in its entirety in March last year. Greenwood told the BBC, ‘ wrote this piece mostly in hotels and dressing rooms while touring with Radiohead. This was more practical than glamorous – lots of time sitting around indoors, lots of instruments about – and aside from picking up a few geographical working titles, I can’t think that it had any effect where, on tour, it was written.’ Greenwood has previously written scores for Bodysong and There Will Be Blood. The soundtrack to Norwegian Wood will come out on March 7.
- Nederlandse artiesten coveren Nirvana op Lowlands - NU.nl
- Whitesnake transporteert 013 naar gloriedagen hardrock - NU.nl
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Extra Gold: een weekend vol muziek - Mediapages
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Jiggy Djé nuchter over succes 'supergroep' Great Minds - NU.nl
- Hoornse popmuzikanten samen in uniek concert - Hoorngids
- Dré en Roxeanne Hazes in tranen na concert - ShowbizNewz.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Concert jeugd de Harmonie - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- St. Hubert - Internationaal Concert - dé Weekkrant