The INmusic Festival is on 24th and 25th June in Zagreb ‘the city with one million hearts’ Confirmed acts so far include; Franz Ferdinand, Kraftwerk, Moby, Art Brut plus world music acts – Rokia Traore from Mali and Sergent Garcia from France,more world class acts will be announced in due course.
This high profile event is Croatia’s biggest festival and held on an island ‘Lake Jarun’ in it’s fourth season this year , the festival boasts 5 open air live stages; Main stage, Nokia stage, Radio 101 stage, Night Stage and introducing a brand new addition; Tuborg Metal Stage…. the capacity of this event is 20,000 and past acts have included Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, The Prodigy, Hot Chip, Stereo Mcs, Serj Tankian, XX Teens, Sons and Daughters, Amadou & Mariam, Iggy Pop to name only a few.
The camping is free (included in festival ticket price) the cost break down is as follows;
Festival Ticket (2 days):
€ 48 – Feb 09 – Mar 01 2009
€ 55 – Mar 01 – May 01 2009
€ 62 – May 01 – June 15 2009
€ 68 – June 15 – June 24 2009
* € 75 at the festival box office
€ 62 – June 15 – June 25 2009
* € 62 at the festival box office
Please note that there will be a limited amount of FREE Tuborg tents available to campers (on a 1st come basis) in addition you will enjoy 4 days at the lake with swimming, sports, music, refreshments, trips to the centre of the city,all optional of course but sounds like an amazing holiday opportunity, and not just a festival to us! Croatia has an official holiday on the 25th June so prepare for lots of celebrations; big parties, local gastro foods such as ‘slavonian kulen’ and their tradition tasty wine ‘Peljesac’ will be flowing.
INmusic Festival official after parties follow the live music from 12 am until 4 am both evenings. Many more exciting acts and news will be announced on a weekly basis. Flights; direct flights to Zagreb from the UK are just over two hours – check low cost airline Wizzair (www.wizzair.com) and Croatian Airlines (www.croatianairlines.hr) for more information.
Currency; The Croatian Kuna (kn) although there are many ATMs it is advisable to exchange before reaching the festival.
Accommodation ; The hotels in Zagreb are plentiful but it is advisable to book in advance; try The Zagreb Tourist Board (www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr) if you decide not to camp under the stars!
Zagreb, the biggest city in Croatia offers a plethora of shopping, museums and galleries, bars, sports (everything from; swimming, running, biking, rolling, walking, skating, rowing!)
Jarun by night is set around a peaceful, leafy retreat of lakeside recreation and boasts the best clubs and bars in Zagreb, a hotspot for lovers, the local celebrities, movers and shakers and people in the know.
More about: Franz Ferdinand:
Glasgow’s art-damaged rock quartet Franz Ferdinand — named for the Austro-Hungarian Archduke whose murder sparked World War I — features bassist Bob Hardy, guitarist Nick McCarthy, drummer Paul Thomson, and singer/guitarist Alex Kapranos. In late 2001, Kapranos and Hardy had begun working on music together when they met McCarthy, a classically trained pianist and double bass player who originally played drums for the group despite no prior experience as a drummer. The trio had been rehearsing at McCarthy’s house for a while when they met and started playing with Thomson, a former drummer for the Yummy Fur who felt like playing guitar instead. Eventually, McCarthy and Thomson switched to guitar and drums, and the band switched practice spaces, stumbling upon an abandoned warehouse that they named the Chateau.
The Chateau became Franz Ferdinand’s headquarters, where they rehearsed and held rave-like events incorporating music and art (Hardy graduated from the Glasgow School of Art, and Thomson also posed as a life model there). The bandmembers needed a new rehearsal space once their illicit art parties were discovered by the police, and they found one in a Victorian courthouse and jail. By summer 2002, they recorded an EP’s worth of material that they intended to release themselves, but word of mouth about the band spread and Franz Ferdinand signed to Domino in the summer of 2003. The group’s EP Darts of Pleasure, which led some to label Franz Ferdinand “the Scottish Interpol,” was released that fall, and the band spent the rest of the year supporting groups such as Hot Hot Heat and Interpol. Franz Ferdinand’s second single, Take Me Out, arrived in early 2004. The single propelled them to greater popularity in the U.K. and laid the groundwork for the band’s debut album. Franz Ferdinand was released in February 2004 in the U.K. and a month later stateside. Franz Ferdinand’s success followed them across the pond; “Take Me Out” became a sizeable modern rock hit, in part thanks to the song’s cutting-edge video, which earned the Breakthrough Video award at that year’s MTV Music Video Awards. The group’s momentum continued with the release of the Michael single and their Mercury Prize win over such artists as the Streets, Basement Jaxx, and Keane. Franz Ferdinand released their second album, You Could Have It So Much Better in fall 2005
- 'Miley en Justin maken samen muziek' - De Gelderlander - De Gelderlander
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Na dag repeteren geven jonge muzikanten een mooi concert - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - AD.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- 20e concert in de serie Componistenportretten: - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl