The INmusic festival takes place on the 21st & 22nd June 2011 and will be headlined by the seminal Montreal act Arcade Fire who are fresh from Sunday’s GRAMMY AWARD and experimental band Grinderman. Set on the shores on the idyllic Lake Jarun in Zagreb, the festival boasts six different stages and will welcome 60,000 music fans to dance in the Croatian sunshine.
INmusic has grown rapidly from the first event in 2006 and has previously welcomed guests such as Moby, Franz Ferdinand, Kraftwerk, Lily Allen, N*E*R*D*, The Prodigy, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, LCD Soundsystem, Massive Attack, and Morrissey. Little wonder why the event has become the go-to destination for music lovers visiting Croatia.
This year the camping experience has been enriched so that people can enjoy the site for a full six days from the 18th to the 22nd June. The site will boast a plethora of amenities such as hot running water, wireless internet, food and drink stalls, mobile phone and laptops recharging points.
For those that need an additional buzz to the music there are a host of activities such as beach volleyball and handball, soccer, skate park, rollerblading, cycling, surfing, rowing, horse ridding, table tennis, hanging bowling hall, mini golf, and badmington near the festival.
The festival is perfectly situated only 1.5hours from Zagreb, giving the opportunity to enjoy the tourist attractions and the surrounding areas before or after the festival. There is the opportunity to take organised trips to attractive destinations such as the beautiful Plitvice Lakes.
Far East Movement Kicks Off Their “Up In The Air” Tour. Far East Movement, a band also known by the name of just FM, will kick off their “Up In The Air” tour on September 13th in Anaheim, CA with Mike Posner. The group’s first single “Like A G6″ is currently #12 overall on iTunes Top Songs and #5 on iTunes Top Pop Songs. The song is also still climbing on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart(last placed at #41) and is #25 on the country’s digital song sales chart. FM’s members Kev Nish, Prohgress, J Splif and DJ Virman started the band in Los Angeles where they’ve already had a #1 song at radio with the hit “Girls On The Dance Floor.” Their music bridges the gap between underground club and mainstream hip-hop and pop music. They’ve coined the term ‘Free Wired’ to describe their lifestyle and sound that blends elements of Hip-Hop, Pop, Electro and Dance. “We want people at our shows to feel free to let loose and ‘geek out’ however the feel comfortable. Our music and lifestyle is about making sure everyone is having a good time,” states Kev Nish. Far East Movement have already taken the Los Angeles club scene global; they’ve already done two world tours, including recent stints with Lady Gaga, N*E*R*D, Robyn/Kelis and LMFAO. The ‘Free Wired’ debut album will also feature appearances from Ryan Tedder, Snoop Dogg, Keri Hilson, Pitbull and Lil’ Jon.
Video game players and music fans alike can now get closer to Band Hero’s in-game playable character Taylor Swift than ever before, as they can perform as the music icon to her fan-favourite chart-topping hits ‘You Belong With Me,’ ‘Picture To Burn’ and ‘Love Story’ in the biggest music event to hit living rooms this holiday season – Band Hero. Allowing budding pop stars the ability to perform with friends and family in living rooms across the globe or take their newfound fame on the road as they command center stage with their band anywhere they choose, Band Hero confirmed today additional songs from both the console and Nintendo DS™ Lite set lists, comprised of the most fun to play, chart-topping hits. When the games ship on November 3, fans can live out their music fantasies as they step on stage as their favourite music superstars, including singer/songwriter Taylor Swift and Maroon 5’s Continue reading
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Video Kanye West geprojecteerd op Stedelijk Museum - NU.nl
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Concert door Noortje van Middelkoop en Harm Hoeve - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert ensemble Parlando in Geldermalsen - NieuwsbladGeldermalsen.nl
- Gevarieerd concert in het UCK op 9 Juni. - dé Weekkrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert staat in teken jubilea - Dichtbij.nl
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl