MySpace slashes staff. News Corporation has slashed the staff of MySpace worldwide by a reported 50% and is closing all of its operations outside the United States. Staff in Sydney, were MySpace is HQ’d in Australia, were told this morning that they were out of work. MySpace CEO Mike Jones announced the cutbacks as a ‘significant organizational restructure’. About 500 employees of the worldwide 1,100 staff have been made redundant. Jones said the changes were to make a ‘clear path for sustained growth and profitability’. The Wall Street Journal, also a News Corp property, has reported that the company is planning to sell MySpace. The WSJ reported that Yahoo has been approached as a potential buyer. MySpace reported a loss of $165 million in the financial quarter ending September 30, 2010. News Corp bought the site for $580 million in 2005 but since then the rise of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube has decimated the MySpace audience.
Supermodel Miranda Kerr Reveals Baby Bump. Miranda Kerr has revealed the proof of her pregnancy for the first time in a video to promote her new organic skincare line. The Australian supermodel, who recently married Orlando Bloom in a secret ceremony, unveils her tiny baby bump while she practices yoga in the video. Kerr, 27, announced last month that she is expecting her first child with the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star. And although she’s already in her fourth month, her bump displays just a small rise from her diminutive figure. The video is for her organic skincare line Kora, in which she can be seen practicing yoga and speaking on her healthy lifestyle. The supermodel and the actor announced their engagement in June. A month later, they announced that they had married in “an intimate ceremony,” prompting speculations that they had speedy wedding because she was pregnant. In August, Kerr admitted to the Spanish edition of Vogue that she already is four months along.
Scarlett Johansson has bought a house in Louisiana . The actress and her husband Ryan Reynolds have splashed out on a modest two-storey property, which comes with spacious grounds and a number of outbuildings. The couple are said to be working on the colonial-style property at the moment, adding eco-friendly touches such as solar heating to the building and repairing damage including a rusty barn roof. Other famous faces who own property in Louisiana include Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock. Scarlett and Ryan – who married in 2008 – recently put their four-bedroom Spanish style Los Angeles property up for sale for $4.5 million. The house – which the ‘Iron Man 2’ star paid $7 million for in 2007 – was built in 1931 and has been restored to its old style, as well as updated with eco-conscious upgrades such as solar electric. The home boasts five bathrooms, a pool and spa, chef’s kitchen with retro decor, a media room and gym room. This is not the first time Scarlett has faced a loss when selling a property. In April 2008, the ‘Lost In Translation’ actress sold her Manhattan loft apartment for $1.9 million – $52,000 less than she bought it for two years earlier.
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - AD.nl
- Paul McCartney wil vrijlating Pussy Riot-leden - NU.nl
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Festival: Oude Muziek Nu 2013 - Festivalinfo
- Paris Hilton tekent platencontract - NU.nl
- Componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - NU.nl
- Sandra van Nieuwland gaat op theatertournee - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- Tour Ruth Jacott is verlengd - NU.nl
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert Cappella Breda in Raamsdonk - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Concert in de Dorpskerk - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl