Listen up “Little Monsters.” Lady Gaga has just unveiled dates for her “Born This Way Ball” tour in Southeast Asia and Australia. Dates for Europe, Latin American and North America will follow shortly.
Gaga has been tweeting about the tour, revealing some details and photos. On Feb. 7, the singer unveiled a sketch of what the star calls “The Monster Pit,” a general admission area that she says, “Little Monsters unlock when they arrive to the arena or stadium.”
The tour kicks off with 15 shows throughout Southeast Asia and Japan through early June. Then Gaga heads to Australia for 15 more shows ending in July.
After traveling Down Under, Gaga will head to Europe in August. Latin America will follow towards the end of 2012, and then Gaga hits North America in the first quarter of 2013.
On Wednesday, Gaga said “The Born This Way Ball” will perform 110 shows around the world.
The tour will be guided by Live Nation Global Touring CEO Arthur Fogel and his team, who also manned the helm during Gaga’s monster “Monster Ball” tour in 2010-11, which grossed $188 million from 167 shows.
The “Monster Ball” tour landed Gaga at No. 84 on Billboard’s recent “Power 100″ list. It also put her on the map as a major focus in the music arena and as a high-grossing touring artist.
Sinead O’Connor is walking down the aisle for the fourth time Thursday, her 45th birthday.
The Irish singer posted an announcement of her pending nuptials on her official website: ” With enormous joy myself and my boyfriend Barry Herridge will be getting married Dec. 8, 2011, at an un-disclosed location in my absolute dream wedding ceremony.”
O’Connor ended her third marriage to friend and collaborator Steve Cooney in April after just eight months.
The singer has four children from previous relationships. She was previously married to music producer John Reynolds and journalist Nicholas Sommerland.
The American Music Awards is not as prestigious as the Grammy Awards, and it lacks the edginess of the MTV Video Music Awards, but it is a big awards show nonetheless.
This year’s ceremony was broadcast from Los Angeles on Sunday night. Performers included an out-of-breath Jennifer Lopez, a matured Justin Bieber and an over-the-top Nicki Minaj.
Taylor Swift was the night’s big winner. On the heels of her recent win for the coveted Country Music Award for Entertainer of the Year, Swift won for Country Female Artist; Country Album (Speak Easy), and Artist of the Year
Other winner included British artist Adele, who is recovering from vocal cord surgery. Nominated for four awards, the singer/songer went home with three: Adult Contemporary Artist, Pop/Rock Female Artist and Pop/Rock album for “21.” The Foo Fighters won for Alternative Rock Artist; Blake Shelton won Country Male Artist; Lady Antebellum won for Country Band, Duo or Group; and Jennifer Lopez received the award for Latin Music Artist.
Bruno Mars won for Pop/Rock male Artist. Maroon 5 took home the award for Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group. And Nicki Minaj won both Rap/Hip-Hop artist and Rap/Hip-Hop album for “Pink Friday.”
Beyonce was named Soul/R&B Female Artist and Usher took the male category. Rihanna won the Soul/R&B Album for “Loud,” and Hot Chelle Rae was named New Artist of the Year.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - AD.nl
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl