INXS back with J.D. Fortune. After a very public falling out in early 2009, INXS and J.D. Fortune appear to have kissed and made up and will perform together in Broome in Western Australia next week. Fortune made allegations against the band in February 2009 telling the world that he was sacked from the band. INXS manager Chris Murphy denied he was out but said ‘ guess I have no reason to call him now’. Fortune claimed to have been dumped y the band at an airport and said at the time he was ‘homeless’ and living in his car. Fortune was also battling a cocaine addiction. The band mended the relationship earlier this year and in February performed with Fortune out from in Vancouver for the Winter Olympics. INXS with J.D. Fortune are scheduled to appear at the Mangrove Hotel in Broome, Western Australia on Friday, July 16.
Kylie Minogue can no longer perform her classic song ‘Better the Devil You Know’. The 41-year-old singer admits the track – which reached number two in the UK singles chart in 1990 – is her favourite song in her back catalogue, but when she sings it live now she has to do so in a different key. She said: ”Better the Devil You Know’ was a turning point and an exciting time for me. I was 21, I’d just started dating Michael Hutchence and a different world had opened up. ‘That song is ludicrously high, so when I perform it on tour, we take it down a bit. Some of those songs sound simple, but when you tackle them live, they’re not easy.’ The Australian pop beauty also claims her brush with breast cancer in 2005 has led her to finally accept herself the way she is after over 20 years in the music business. She told the new UK edition of Elle magazine: ‘I think I’ve hit my stride, finally after 20 years. Some things have just clicked. It’s ridiculous that it’s taken that long. ‘Maybe it’s to do with being on tour when I fell ill, but I didn’t know I was ill. The last tour in North America was purely for my fans. I felt like I had nothing to lose, so this immense freedom came with that.’
INXS said today they were “shocked” at accusations that they had sacked singer JD Fortune. The Canadian singer said last week that he was dismissed without warning at Hong Kong airport. Fortune, 25, who was brought in to replace late frontman Michael Hutchence, who died in 1997, said he was now broke and living out of his car. But the Australian rockers today said they were “shocked and despondent” at his claims. A statement issued by the band said: “Not only are we shocked by the claims, even the place the supposed incident was to have taken place is a mystery.”
Fortune, real name Jason Dean Bennison, was chosen as Hutchence’s replacement after winning a reality TV search in 2005. Last week, during an interview with Canadian TV show Entertainment Tonight, he described how he was sacked. He said: “I was in an airport at Hong Kong and literally got a handshake.
“I found myself really alone because I had travelled with these guys for 23 months. I don’t know where I am going, from sofa to sofa, from night to night. I am trying to get through my life.”
But the singer admitted that his dismissal may have been due to a cocaine habit he had recently developed.
The band’s “creative director and global business strategist”, CM Murphy, said the
group were “horrified” by the interview.
He added: “The band have always stated to me that Fortune’s services could potentially be contracted again when INXS next tour.
“In fact, he was next on my list to call regarding a very big recording project I am putting together for INXS at present,” Murphy added.
“I guess I have no reason to call him now.”
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Azerbeidzjan onderzoekt stemmen Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis - Omroep Brabant
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl