MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS
Today, Xfm, the station that brings you music that rocks, announces the ten shortlisted albums that are now eligible to win the Best British Debut Album of the Year at the station’s fourth consecutive Xfm New Music Award. The winner will be announced at the Xfm New Music Award gig on Wednesday 9th February at The Borderline. Following thousands of votes from the great British public, the Xfm New Music Award shortlist comprises:
Delphic ‘ ‘Acolyte’
Dinosaur Pile-Up ‘ ‘Growing Pains’
Everything Everything ‘ ‘Man Alive’
Fenech-Soler ‘ ‘Fenech-Soler’
Hurts ‘ ‘Happiness’
Kele ‘ ‘The Boxer’
Marina And The Diamonds ‘ ‘The Family Jewels’
Sound of Guns ‘ ‘What Came From Fire’
Stornoway ‘ ‘Beachcomber’s Windowsill’
Two Door Cinema Club ‘ ‘Tourist History’
Selected by a panel of industry experts – including new addition Snow Patrol front-man Gary Lightbody and Happy Mondays’ Shaun Ryder ‘ this year’s winner will be announced on the evening of Wednesday 9th February.
On the same night the station presents an Xfm New Music Award gig at The Borderline in Central London. Hosted by Xfm Breakfast’s Dave Berry and a part of HMV’s Next Big Thing Festival, the intimate invite-only event will feature performances from Wolfgang, Romance, and Luna Belle ‘ acts hotly tipped as potential winners for next year’s award.
Previous winners of the award are The Enemy with ‘We’ll Live and Die in These Towns’ (2007), Glasvegas with ‘Glasvegas’ (2008), and The xx with ‘XX’ (2009).
The full judging panel for this year, chaired by Xfm’s Deputy Programme Director/Head of Music Mike Walsh, includes:
Andy Ashton (Xfm) Ben Cardew (Music Week)
Brett Anderson (Suede) Clint Boon (Xfm)
Craig Potter (Elbow) David Mogendorff (MTV)
Dom Howard (Muse) Dave Berry (Xfm)
Frank Turner Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol)
Gordon Smart (The Sun ‘ Bizarre) John Kennedy (Xfm)
John Leckie (producer) Peter Hook (Joy Division)
Shaun Ryder (Happy Mondays) Tim Burgess (The Charlatans)
Gary Warren (MD of Content and Talent at MAMA Group)
For more information, visit www.xfm.co.uk/nma
The ultimate winner will be announced on Xfm on Wednesday 9th February.
Adele and Bullet For My Valentine line-up for Radio 1′s Festive Festival 2010. Nick Grimshaw announces the line up for Radio 1′s Festive Festival 2010. BBC Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw has announced the line up for Radio 1′s annual Festive Festival returning again to the legendary BBC Maida Vale Studios, Monday 20th December. The artists confirmed for the festive celebrations are: Adele, Bullet For My Valentine James Blake, Katy B, Wretch 32, The Vaccines and Yuck. Each act is set to perform three live tracks from the studios between 7-10pm. For the last hour from 10pm, Radio 1 DJs Toddla T, Benji B and Jaymo and Andy George take over with special mixes to get listeners into the party spirit. Hosted by Zane Lowe and Nick Grimshaw, Radio 1′s Festive Festival will be broadcast live 7pm- 11pm.2011′s FF line-up continues Radio 1′s tradition of bringing together a mix of established acts and rising stars tipped for big things in 2011. Previous years have featured performances from: Plan B, The Hoosiers, Kate Nash Glasvegas, Marina and The Diamonds, The XX, Chipmunk, Mumford and Sons, Florence and the machine, Friendly Fires and Chase & Status.
Little Boots to get acoustic at the Isle of Wight Festival. Pop sensation, Little Boots, will be dropping in on the Isle of Wight Festival for a very special one-off performance on the Acoustic Stage on Saturday 12th June. One of her few live gig this summer, festival goers will be treated to an exclusive, stripped back set giving a new twist to her synth-soaked melodies. Victoria Hesketh, aka Little Boots, burst onto the scene with the release of her highly acclaimed debut album, ‘Hands’, which spawned hits including ‘New In Town’’ and ‘Remedy’, making her pop music’s most talked about new star and a welcome addition to the Isle of Wight Festival’s already impressive line-up. In the heart of the festival’s peaceful arboretum, the Acoustic Stage will play host to some surprise guests over the weekend, making it the perfect location to see some truly original music while taking in the festival’s unique atmosphere. Little Boots joins the raft of superstars who will be journeying to Seaclose Park in June including Paul McCartney, Jay-Z, The Strokes, Orbital, Florence + The Machine, La Roux, James, Crowded House, The Saturdays, Marina and the Diamonds, Noah and the Whale, Editors, Biffy Clyro, Vampire Weekend and many more.
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Winnend lied Denemarken gejat van Nederlandse band? - Telegraaf.nl
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl
- Extra concert Anouk - Telegraaf.nl