The 17-year-old singer is the latest star to be honoured with his own replica figure by famous museum Madame Tussauds and he unveiled his double in London today (15.03.11) in front of a few lucky fans while thousands more watched via a live web stream.
The ‘Baby’ hitmaker seemed impressed by his likeness although he commented that he had grown in height since he posed for it.
He told museum staff: “It’s pretty incredible to see. I’m taller but this was a point in time.
“It looks awesome, thanks very much.”
Fan Grace Magraff, 14, said: “I cannot believe I am in the same room as Justin and his figure is amazing. I don’t want to leave; I just want to stay by his figure forever! It’s brilliant, just like him. I love it!”
The waxwork was created with the help of the teenager’s personal hair stylist to ensure it had his signature sweeping cut – which he recently ditched – and is dressed in a fashionable black and red shirt with jeans.
Justin gave sculptors in New York a sitting late last year, where hundreds of precise measurements were taken. The figure then took four months to complete at a cost of £150,000.
Liz Edwards, PR manager at the attraction, said: “The interest in Justin’s figure has been truly phenomenal. We were absolutely inundated with requests from young fans to include him and since we announced that we were indeed making his figure we’ve been besieged by ‘Beliebers’ wanting to know when they can come and see him here.
“We’re sure they will be as pleased with the final results as Justin seems to be today.”
Figures of Justin were also revealed at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam and Madame Tussauds New York today.
Taylor Swift has been immortalised in wax. The ‘You Belong With Me’ singer is the latest star to be honoured with her own replica figure by famous museum Madame Tussauds and was so happy with her likeness – unveiled in New York - she immediately tweeted a picture of it with the caption ‘bring on the pretenders’. Both the singer and her stylish double wore a shimmering black and silver dress by British designer Jenny Packham for the unveiling. The singer spent three hours with a team of Madame Tussauds studio artists last winter who flew from London to Nashville to take hundreds of precise measurements and photos in order to make the likeness. Although the 20-year-old singer claimed to be delighted with her new doppelganger, there has been some debate about the wax figure’s hair which is different to Taylor’s usual tightly wound curls. It was recently reported that Taylor has started dating ‘Brokeback Mountain’ actor Jake Gyllenhaal after the pair spent Sunday (24.10.10) holding hands and looking loved-up whilst on a romantic walk around Brooklyn, New York. An onlooker said: “Taylor and Jake were walking around Park Slope holding hands. They looked like a couple!”
Cheryl Cole has been immortalised in wax. The British singer is the latest star to be honoured with her own replica figure by famous museum Madame Tussauds and she unveiled her double in London yesterday in front of a host of fans. As she was introduced to her model doppelganger, Cheryl said: ‘ can’t explain how strange it is! It will take a little while to take in!’ The waxwork reflects Cheryl’s glamorous look and is styled in a specially created scarlet floor-length Jean-Paul Gaultier dress with killer heels. The model also has the 27-year-old pop star’s trademark flowing locks and can be seen posing with hands on hips. The new £150,000 wax figure can be found in the A-list party area which includes doubles of Dame Helen Mirren, Robert Pattinson and Russell Brand. Liz Edwards, PR Manager at Madame Tussauds, said: ‘As the reaction of the public here today confirms, Cheryl is one of Britain’s hottest celebrities and we’re delighted to welcome her to Madame Tussauds London. We’ve been inundated with requests to feature her figure in the attraction and we expect it to quickly become one of the most popular here. Like the real Ms Cole, the figure is a knock out and will fit in perfectly with the glamorous line-up of stars in our A-List party area.’
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl