Lindsay Lohan’s probation was revoked on Wednesday after a Los Angeles County judge reprimanded the actress and her attorney in court for Lohan’s failure to comply with her community service.
Lohan was escorted from the courtroom in handcuffs and later posted a $100,000 bail.
LA Judge Stephanie Sautner said that if Lohan made bail, she must perform 16 hours of community service a week, over a minimum of two days a week, at the Los Angeles County morgue before her probation hearing on November 2.
Lohan was suppose to be performing community service at a downtown Los Angeles women’s center. The judge, who expressed anger at Lohan’s repeated probation violations over the last several months, said that the actress had posted nine excused absences at the center since her last court hearing on July 21. At most, Lohan performed just two hours of service.
When Lohan steps before the judge on Nov. 2, she could get as much as a year and a half in prison.
Lindsay Lohan is doing some damage control on her image and she’s not letting a damaging reference to her on a hit song slide. She’s suing rapper Pitbull over his #1 single “Give Me Everything.”
According to TMZ, Lohan is suing over the line where Pitbull references her legal troubles, rapping, “I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan.”
Lohan claims in the lawsuit that “the lyrics, by virtue of its wide appeal, condemnation, excoriation, disparaging or defamatory statements by the defendants about the plaintiff are destined to do irreparable harm to the plaintiff.”
The song was released back in March and topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart in June. It’s remained in the top 10 since and has sold over 2 million copies.
“Give Me Everything” also features Ne-Yo and Afrojack, who are also named defendants in the lawsuit.
Lindsay isn’t exactly asking Pitbull to “Give Me Everything” as far as money goes. She just wants to stop all broadcasting of the song, which will definitely be hard to do. It’s currently one of the biggest songs at radio and Pitbull and Ne-Yo are even scheduled to perform the track at next week’s MTV “Video Music Awards.”
In the lawsuit, filed by Stephanie Ovadia (who also helped with the Linsday’s E*TRADE ad lawsuit), Lindsay says she’s “suing under the New York civil rights laws, which protects people from having their name exploited for commercial purposes.”
After Lindsay Lohan’s ex Samantha Ronson, well, pulled a Lindsay last week, she’s been formally charged with drunk driving.
33-year-old Ronson was arrested last week in the California desert after she “displayed signs of alcohol intoxication” and failed the field sobriety tests.
The celebrity DJ was pulled over on the morning of August 2nd, where she was clocked going 89 mph in a 70 mph zone. She was booked in the Barstow Sheriff’s office, where she took her widely-seen smirking mugshot.
According to the Los Angeles Times, she now faces two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and having a blood-alcohol level of .08 or above.
If convicted, Ronson faces a maximum sentence of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- 'Winnend Deens lied lijkt erg veel op nummer K-Otic' - Volkskrant
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Volkskrant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Concert voor en met Vroege Vogels - De Stentor - De Stentor
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl