law and justice
Brooke Mueller, the ex-wife of actor Charlie Sheen, was arrested early Saturday in Colorado and charged with assault and cocaine possession, police reported. Just before midnight on Friday, police encountered a woman at a bar and performance venue in Aspen called the Belly Up, who claimed that Mueller was “the aggressor” in an assault, according to a news release from the Colorado city’s police department.
Shortly later, Mueller, 34, was found at another bar, Escobar, Aspen police said. She was arrested with more than 4 grams of cocaine. Mueller was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, which is a felony, and third-degree assault, a misdemeanor.
After posting $11,000 bond, Mueller was released. A court date has been set for Dec. 19.
Mueller has appeared in several movies, but is perhaps best known for her rocky marriage to Charlie Sheen. The two share custody of young twin boys.
The boys and Mueller played a leading role in Sheen’s volatile and public fall-out with CBS earlier in 2011, which ultimately led to his dismissal from the hit comedy series “Two and a Half Men.”
In March, Mueller claimed Sheen threatened to kill her. Sheen downplayed the allegations and said they were “colorful.”
Mueller has sought treatment for substance abuse and stress related issues in the past.
It is unclear where the two boys were at the time of Mueller’s arrest.
Following a yearlong investigation, FBI officials on Wednesday identified the man they say hacked into the email accounts of nearly 50 celebrities, including those of Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera and Mila Kunis.
The suspect, Christopher Chaney, an unemployed 35-year-old from Jacksonville, FL, apparently didn’t do it for the money, FBI officials say. Chaney allegedly worked from his home computer to mine data from magazines and websites, including posts on Twitter and Facebook to get passwords. The name of a dog, a favorite movie, an old address, or a sister’s name all aided his efforts.
Officials said that once Chaney obtained passwords, he could then gain access to the stars’ address books, photos and other files. He used an email forwarding program that automatically duplicated any messages the star received into his account.
Cheney allegedly began his hacking in November 2010 when he tapped into Christina Aguilera’s email and later posted pictures of the singer in a revealing photo. In December, Chaney managed to hack Mila Kunis’ accounts and stole several pictures. That same month, Chaney tapped into Scarlett Johansson’s accounts that contained several nude pictures. The photos soon circulated on several celebrity websites.
Cheney was arrested this week in Jacksonville and faces up to 121 years in prison if found guilty on all counts.
A propofol expert, Dr. Stephen Shafer, was the final witness for the prosecution in the trial of cardiologist Conrad Murray for involuntary manslaughter of pop icon Michael Jackson.
Shafer’s testimony on Thursday focused on the importance of precise administration of the sedative to a patient because a slight overdose can cause a person to wake up hours later.
Shafer, who teaches anesthesiology at Columbia University, conducted research that established dosing benchmarks still used by the medical community when propofol was first introduced in the 1990s.
He did not finish his testimony Thursday and will return to the Los Angeles court on Monday.
Previous witnesses, who were also doctors, described Murray’s supervision over his celebrity patient as bordering on negligence. They blamed Murray for causing the death of Jackson at age 50 in June 2009.
One witness, Dr. Nader Kamangar, said that even if Jackson self-administered the sedative as initially claimed by Murray, the cardiologist would still be culpable for his patient’s death.
Murray has admitted he administered propofol to Jackson upon the entertainer’s insistence because of his difficulty in sleeping during preparation for a series of concerts in London
- Whitesnake transporteert 013 naar gloriedagen hardrock - NU.nl
- Moby geeft zijn muziek gratis aan filmmakers - RTL Nieuws
- Extra Gold: een weekend vol muziek - Mediapages
- C2C voelt zich meer band dan dj-collectief - NU.nl
- Johannes Rypma overhandigt Nick & Simon eerste cd - Parool.nl
- Nieuwe drummer voor Normaal - Volkskrant
- 'Love Me Do' van The Beatles 10.000 dollar waard - Volkskrant
- HiFi versus live muziek - Hifi
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Armin van Buuren pakt platina in Canada - NU.nl
- Hoornse popmuzikanten samen in uniek concert - Hoorngids
- Dré en Roxeanne Hazes in tranen na concert - ShowbizNewz.nl
- Fanfareorkest Crescendo Voorthuizen geeft Try-out concert ter voorbereiding op ... - dé Weekkrant
- Concert jeugd de Harmonie - dé Weekkrant
- Klassiek concert afsluiting - dé Weekkrant
- 3 Doors Down - 17/6 - 013 - Podiuminfo.nl
- Elburger zeemanskoor "Kop van 't Ende" sluit seizoen af met een concert aan de ... - Veluweland.nl
- Vrijkaarten concert Koninklijke Militaire Kapel Johan… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Speciaal Twitterkanaal voor Concert at Sea - Omroep Zeeland
- Geslaagd concert Crescendo - dé Weekkrant