Britney Spears is set to take her “Femme Fatale” show to London’s O2 Arena next month and, while there, she would love to have the royal seal of approval. She hopes to perform for Prince William and Kate Middleton and is inviting them to one of her shows. Spears tells Glamour UK, which she covers this month, how cool she considers the possibility of having the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in attendance at her show, which has had celebrity attendees such as Lady Gaga and the Kardashians.
“That would be amazing. That would be really crazy and cool,” Spears said. “I think they’re a beautiful couple. Unfortunately I didn’t get to watch the wedding but I heard it was beautiful.”
The princess of pop had her chance at being real royalty. She was Prince William’s teenage crush. She says she finds it “hilarious” and “had no idea” that she was once the object of his puppy love.
Spears continues her “Femme Fatale Tour” later this month, kicking off the second leg in Russia on Sept. 22. She finally hits England at the end of October for a few shows before she does another full leg in South America.
Lady Gaga is serious about fashion and she doesn’t take its criticism lightly. In her latest column for V Magazine, she sends out a memo slamming negativity from critics, including New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn, and poses the question: when does criticism become “insult and not insight”?
“Doesn’t the integrity of the critic become compromised when their writings are consistently plagued with negativity?,” Lady Gaga writes. “When the public is no longer surprised or excited by the unpredictability of the writer, but rather has grown to expect the same cynicism from the same cynic?”
Lady Gaga does name one critic specifically, Horyn, but not a particular story the pop singer may have found offensive. She does “copy” the memo to her friend Nicola Formichetti, who she collaborated with for Thierry Mugler. For the most part, Horyn had good things to say about the collection.
“What I think is so promising about Nicola Formichetti’s first women’s collection for Mugler is that he created a look for the runway; for magazine stylists like himself; for performers like his friend Lady Gaga, who modeled two outfits at Wednesday’s night show; and for the girls who love fashion and always have some place to go,” Horyn said about the collection back in March, also noting that Gaga “worked it” on the runway.
Not so negative. Could it have been some negative words said about Gaga’s other friends in the fashion biz such as Galliano or Jean Paul-Gaultier? She doesn’t say. But Gaga wants to put less emphasis on professional fashion critics and more on, well, everyone else who’s got a pulse and an Internet connection.
“In the age of the Internet, when collections and performances are so accessible to the public and anyone can post a review on Facebook or Twitter, shouldn’t columnists and reviewers, such as Cathy Horyn, employ a more modern and forward approach to criticism, one that separates them from the average individual at home on their laptop?” Gaga writes.
Gaga instead names Tavi Gevinson as the “future of journalism,” that infamous 15-year-old fashion blogger who famously began writing for fashion well before she could land a driver’s permit and can now be found sitting front row at some of the biggest runway shows.
You can check Gaga’s full column at the V Magazine website. Meanwhile, we’ll be awaiting Cathy Horyn’s response and maybe a clue as to what angered Gaga so. Did Horyn slam her drag king look at the VMA’s? Or maybe her faux penis accessory?
Lady Gaga is set to star in the upcoming season of The Simpsons.
She will play herself in an episode where she tries to cheer up Lisa Simpson to no avail.
The animated singer apparently stops in the Simpson’s home town after learning that it is filled with low self-esteem.
She then tries to bring some joy into Lisa’s life through the power of speech, song and a flash mob.
Yeardley Smith who voices the character of Bart’s sister says it was a pleasure to work with the Bad Romance singer.
”m stunned that she has time in her schedule that she’s coming to our studio to record,’ Yeardley gushed.
She added that Gaga’s character on the show was the ‘happiest, most optimistic person in the world.’
The controversial singer taped her episode yesterday for her trip to Springfield but it is not yet known when the episode, titled Lisa Goes Gaga, will air.
- Will Smith werkt met Kanye aan nieuwe muziek - AD.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- The Opposites heeft behoefte aan iets anders - NU.nl
- Lowlands verkoopt donderdag 1000 extra tickets - Parool.nl
- Treetop Flyers wil eerst Nederland dan VS veroveren - Volkskrant
- Junkie XL maakt muziek 300: Rise of an Empire - AD.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Azerbeidzjan onderzoekt stemmen Songfestival - NU.nl
- Anouk opgelucht na optreden Songfestival - NU.nl
- The Doors-toetsenist Ray Manzarek (74) overleden - NU.nl
- Concert Jostiband met André Rieu op 6 juli - Omroep West
- Exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert Guus Meeuwis om 21:00 LIVE op internet, tv ... - Omroep Brabant
- Jamie Cullum verrast treinreizigers met concert - NOS
- Concert Spanjaardsgat geannuleerd door weer - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Extra concert Ilse de Lange in de Effenaar - Studio040
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl