Kanye West Cancels “Today Show” Performance. Kanye West has been on Twitter quite a bit lately. First, to denounce Matt Lauer and NBC’s “The Today Show” after a recent appearance. Now, he announced that he’s canceling his “Today Show” performance originally scheduled for later this month. West was slated to take the stage on Friday, November 26th to perform tracks from his upcoming new album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.” He’s still scheduled to perform the day before during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. But after his much-discussed “Today Show” appearance, where West expressed his frustration with the show for playing audio of his infamous Taylor Swift speech interruption during his interview, he pulled the plug on what was to be a “live concert on the plaza.” “I’m not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons,” Kanye tweeted. “I’m so happy the world got to see just a small piece of ‘the set up.’…I blatantly said I’m not performing on a tweet and to everyone around me and the next day they still announced a performance. “Do you guys see what I’m saying now?” he continued. Sounds like “Paranoid” isn’t just a song off “808s & Heartbreaks.” But Kanye insists he isn’t angry at Lauer or the show. “I don’t hate Matt Lauer,” he added. “We don’t promote hate. That’s the whole point!!! I promote love and truth!”…All positive energy… all smiles.”
Conan O’Brien’s Long-Awaited Return to Late-Night Television Attracts Younger Viewers. Conan O’Brien’s new TBS talk show was a hit with young viewers Monday night, and it’s reported that the audience had a median age of 30 years old. This late night TV talk show is definitely not “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno.
“Conan,” which featured guests Seth Rogen, Lea Michele and Jack White, was watched by 2,451,000 adults ages 18 to 34; 3,285,000 adults 18-49; and 4,155,000 viewers. O’Brien has a strong following among younger viewers, and social media has proven to be a key way for him to connect with his fans. “Conan’s audience has been very vocal online, and he clearly made a smooth transition from Twitter to TBS,” said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks, in a statement. “Conan delivered an extraordinary audience and stands out as the youngest late-night talk show on television.” Tonight, “Conan’s” second episode will feature Tom Hanks, Jack McBrayer and Soundgarden as guests. Upcoming guests include Jon Hamm of “Mad Men,” Fistful of Mercy and “Paper Heart” actress Charlyne Yi on Wednesday; and actor Michael Cera, “Modern Family’s” Julie Bowen and Canadian comedian Jon Dore on Thursday.
MTV Cancels Reality Show “The City”. It looks like Whitney Port is out of a job. The former “The Hills” reality star who made waves with her spin-off in “The City,” has been canceled by MTV. A spokesperson for the Music channel says: “’The City’ will not be returning to MTV for season three.” “Whitney has been a part of our family for many years and we wish her and the cast the best, and hope to collaborate with them again.” The announcement doesn’t come as a surprise for Port, as she herself hinted that the show would end during an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his radio show. “As of right now it doesn’t really look like we’re doing it anymore,” she said. “The City” followed Port as she moved from the west coast to New York City in pursuit of a fashion career while in the big city. This doesn’t look like it’s the end of Port’s career in the fashion world, though. She told Seacrest, “It’s OK – one door closes and another opens,” adding that she has several new projects lined up for the future as well
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om te rocken - RTV Noord
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Tijd een minpunt op havo-examen muziek - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Vocaal concert Cultuurplein Noord Veluwe - Veluweland.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl