Britney Spears is set to take her “Femme Fatale” show to London’s O2 Arena next month and, while there, she would love to have the royal seal of approval. She hopes to perform for Prince William and Kate Middleton and is inviting them to one of her shows. Spears tells Glamour UK, which she covers this month, how cool she considers the possibility of having the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in attendance at her show, which has had celebrity attendees such as Lady Gaga and the Kardashians.
“That would be amazing. That would be really crazy and cool,” Spears said. “I think they’re a beautiful couple. Unfortunately I didn’t get to watch the wedding but I heard it was beautiful.”
The princess of pop had her chance at being real royalty. She was Prince William’s teenage crush. She says she finds it “hilarious” and “had no idea” that she was once the object of his puppy love.
Spears continues her “Femme Fatale Tour” later this month, kicking off the second leg in Russia on Sept. 22. She finally hits England at the end of October for a few shows before she does another full leg in South America.
Of course, the Royal Wedding is garnering reactions from everyone you know and celebrities are no exception. They came out in full force to tweet their thoughts on the wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
“Absolutely beautiful couple!!! They look exquisite!,” tweeted Spice Girl Emma Bunton.
“Kate The Great!,” tweeted Rachael Ray. “Didn’t get up at 4AM but they got me and that dress is something beyond imagination.”
Also commenting on that Alexander McQueen wedding dress was singer Estelle, who tweeted, ” “She looks soooo pwettyyyy. Gorgeous and grand and amazing……wow. Yasssss mcqueen…. Amazing.”
Denise Richards fought insomnia while watching the televised event. “Couldnt sleep last night…ended up watching the wedding. @torianddean should’ve just joined u anyway..gorgeous wedding…#RoyalWedding,” Richards tweeted.
Even Justin Bieber got in on the fun, tweeting a video of the recent Royal Wedding parody styled after the infamous viral hit that featured the wedding party dancing down the aisles. “You know you all kinda wanted and hoped to turn on TV and see this go down at the royal wedding,” he tweeted.
Of course, comedians took the opportunity to crack jokes about the event. “At the Wedding. Crap, I’m wearing the same thing as Camilla,” joked Stephen Colbert.
Comedian Paul Scheer wrote, “Britain has William & Kate and we have Khloe & Lamar. I think we win.”
The talk show host discovered through a genealogical society that she is a distant cousin of the future princess and still has her fingers crossed for a last-minute invitation to her wedding to Prince William.
In an interview with Terri Seymour for ‘Extra’, she said: “We’re 15th cousins, yeah, it’s not like we’re 20th or something … we’re 15th.
“It’s not too late, Terri. I’m not counting anything out. That’s not how I got to where I am, by being a glass-half-empty kind of person. I mean, there could be a phone call.
“I have a beautiful outfit picked out, and a hat.”
Although she may not be invited to the nuptials, Ellen is hopeful she can use her family connections to secure an interview with Kate.
She said: “There will be a time when Oprah’s not gonna be around next year. Who will be around to help her when she needs something? Me.”
Ellen – who is married to actress Portia de Rossi is not the only American celebrity desperate to attend Kate and William’s nuptials at London’s Westminster Abbey.
Reese Witherspoon – who recently wed Hollywood agent Jim Toth – admitted she would have given anything to get an invite.
She said: “I can’t even contain my enthusiasm for the royal wedding! I’m kind of bummed I’m not invited to the royal wedding. My girlfriend asked me if I was invited. Well, no, but I invited them to my wedding!”
Celebrities fortunate enough to be invited include David Beckham and his wife Victoria, Sir Elton John and his husband David Furnish, Guy Ritchie and Joss Stone.
- Kinderopvang Humanitas maakt muziek voor de koning - dé Weekkrant
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Europees Parlement wil film- en muziekindustrie beschermen - VRT Nieuws
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio
- Soundgarden geeft in september concert in HMH - AD.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl