Karl Lagerfeld To Receive The Fashion Visionary Award. The Fashion Institute of Technology will honor Karl Lagerfeld, head designer and creative director of Chanel, on September 10. This prestigious award is yet another massive accolade to add to his several awards. Diane Kruger, his muse, will present him with the Fashion Visionary Award at the Couture Council Luncheon on September 10. “In recognition of his unparalleled role as a creative force in the world of fashion, we have chosen to bestow on Karl Lagerfeld, The Couture Council Fashion Visionary Award.,” Dr. Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at FIT, said. “This unique award was created exclusively for Karl Lagerfeld. Since his arrival at Chanel in 1983, Karl Lagerfeld has brought the company to the forefront of innovation and creativity and has continuously maintained Chanel’s position as the most coveted fashion label in the world. Not only is Lagerfeld an inimitable designer, he is also an acclaimed photographer, publisher, renowned collector, and a true connoisseur.” Lagerfeld was chosen to receive The Couture Council Fashion Visionary Award by the Couture Council Advisory Committee, an independent group consisting of curators, editors, and retailers.
Edita Vilkeviciute is a Lithuanian model and is the current face of Karl Lagerfeld and Calvin Klein Jeans. With brand names such as Prada, Balenciaga, Gucci, Balmain and Versace emblazoned across the chest and torso of model Edita Vilkeviciute, the editorial ‘Heat It Up’ in Numero Tokyo sizzles. The spread appears in the 38th edition of the magazine, which is also the July/August 2010 issue. Photographer Sebastian Kim is behind the lens for ‘Heat It Up’ in Numero Tokyo, which sees a writhing Edita Vilkeviciute shot in an industrial setting while flaunting brand names. After her discovery, she signed to Women Management in Milan, and later, VIVA in Paris in 2006.Her runway debut was at Just Cavalli for the spring/summer 2007 shows. She later walked for Paul Smith, Preen, and Marios Schwab in London. She made a comeback after not participating in fashion weeks at Milan and New York at the spring/summer 2008 Paris fashion week, walking for Balenciaga, Chanel, Dries van Noten, Miu Miu, and Louis Vuitton. In late 2008, she participated in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2008, in the PINK section. During the spring/summer 2009 season she walked over 35 runways for some of the world’s top designers, such as Chanel, Stella McCartney, Givenchy, Zac Posen, and Dolce & Gabbana. Vilkeviciute has graced the pages of many fashion magazines around the world in including Vogue in Germany and France, Allure, and i-D. In 2009, she appeared nu-de in a steamy photo shoot for Interview magazine with Zac Efron. She is the current face of Karl Lagerfeld, GAP in Japan, Dior Beauty and Emporio Armani.In the autumn/winter 2008 campaigns, Vilkeviciute replaced Hilary Rhoda as the face of clothing line Etro. She also did a campaign for Louis Vuitton’s Mon Monogram range of personalised leather goods
Baptiste Giabiconi & Francois Darmigny Team Up for Giabiconi Press Kit. Up until recently, if Baptiste Giabiconi and Francois Darmigny were working together, it would have involved photographs of Giabiconi modeling clothing. But this set is a little bit different, as these photos taken by Darmigny are for the model’s musical press kit. The work shown here by Baptiste Giabiconi Francois and Darmigny features some cool clothing and styling as well. As for the music, I’m not sure what it sounds like, but here is a link to Giabiconi’s site for those who are curious. A permanent fixture on the fashion scene since June 2008, Baptise Giabiconi is now Karl Lagerfeld’s muse. Thanks to the Kaiser, the French model has begun to multiply his contracts. Born in Marseille on the 9 November 1989, Baptiste Giabiconi was spotted in a Marseille gym. The dark beauty left for Paris to pursue modelling. Despite his good looks and charming charisma, he had a difficult time making a name for himself in the industry. It was when Baptiste met Karl Lagerfeld in 2008 that his career truly took off. He became Lagerfeld’s muse and soon appeared in every single Chanel fashion show. The Chanel legend photographed Baptiste at every opportunity he could, for Colette, Elle, Purple Magazine, V Man Magazine and even Chanel itself. There was not a single media event where Karl Lagerfeld was seen without his latest favourite, Baptist Giabiconi. Thanks to Karl, Baptiste is now the hottest male model of the moment. In the last few months he has posed for Harper’s Bazaar, Wallpaper Magazine, Vogue, and Numero as well as for Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld’s own label.
- Concert Maroon 5 uitgesteld naar januari - NU.nl
- Taylor Swift grote winnaar bij Billboard Awards - Volkskrant
- Prestigieuze muziekprijs voor Usher - NU.nl
- Stevie Ann blinkt uit in intieme liedjes - NU.nl
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: rommelmarkt, muziek en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Parool.nl
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Maroon 5 stelt Amsterdams concert uit - Parool.nl
- Leerfabriek Oisterwijk maakt zich op voor exclusief Omroep Brabant-concert ... - Omroep Brabant
- Coevorder Accordeonorkest verzorgt prima concert - coevordenhuisaanhuis.nl
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl