Justin Timberlake says he’s confident that he still would have had a successful career without *NSYNC.
During an interview with Britain’s Elle magazine, the 30-year-old “SexyBack” singer said his musical talent would still have been discovered even without his involvement in the boy band.
“I don’t want this to come out the wrong way,” he said. “It was an amazing platform but even without it, I believe I would have been heard as a solo artist.”
Timberlake joined the group in 1995 before making it big as a solo artist with his debut record, “Justified” in 2002, and the 2006 follow-up “Future Sex/LoveSounds.”
When Timberlake went on his own, he said he refused to reveal the songs of his albums to his record company until they were completed, because he thought his record company had “preconceptions” of him.
“I don’t know why they let me do that. But I hadn’t come out of nowhere. People had preconceptions and I didn’t want to be misunderstood,” he explained. “I’ve learned that people have preconceptions, period. They’re uncontrollable but they’re not who you are.”
The Memphis-born singer, who currently stars in the romance comedy “Friends With Benefits,” also admits his upbringing didn’t allow him to learn much about modern music at the time.
“Where I’m from is very rural – you don’t get pop culture as much. You get that in LA, New York and Miami, on the edges of the country.”
He added, “People in the UK think that is America, but most of America is Memphis. More poor people live there than rich. Fashion or culture barely breaks through.”
Justin Timberlake thinks watching people fall over is ‘funny’
The 30-year-old singer-and-actor is currently promoting romantic comedy Friends with Benefits, which he stars in opposite Mila Kunis, 27.
Justin is famed for his devilish sense of humour, and admits physical comedy never fails to make him chuckle.
‘ think people falling is funny,’ he smiled during an interview with the British edition of OK! magazine.
His co-star Mila, also present at the interview, agrees that ‘people getting hurt is funny’. The pair were considering unanticipated tumbles after being asked if they had played any trust games to ensure they developed good on-screen chemistry.
‘Did I fall on top of him as a trust game? No,’ asserted Mila, adding that she would have been on the floor ‘in two seconds’.
Justin was equally relieved that no such exercises were completed. The heartthrob believes he and his stunning co-star have a deep enough connection regardless.
”m glad you didn’t do that. I think you know me well enough,’ he beamed.
Justin Bieber can’t wait to work on his new album.
The 17-year-old pop superstar recently announced he is taking a month away from music to spend time with his loved ones, including girlfriend Selena Gomez. However, Justin is already showing he is missing his hectic schedule by revealing plans to get into a recording studio to lay down vocals for his next record.
‘more excited than ever to get back in the studio and make this #newalbum. miss the tour and want to give u all new music. ‘ Justin wrote on his Twitter account.
The singer’s manager Scooter Braun recently revealed Justin will be taking a more ‘edgy’ route for his new material and will work with Chris Brown and Kanye West.
Meanwhile, the heartthrob sent fans into a frenzy after making a surprise appearance at Selena’s concert in California last night. Justin joined Selena on stage and hugged the brunette beauty, before launching into a medley of Favourite Girl and Justin Timberlake’s Cry Me a River.
The star was thrilled by the crowd’s reaction to his secret entrance and he also paid tribute to his talented singer-and-actress girlfriend.
‘@selenagomez u did great tonight. proud of u,’ he Tweeted. ‘had a #greatnight and suprised the people. felt good to be on stage. nothing is changing that.
- Alcoholgebruik verpestte shows Jamie Cullum - NU.nl
- Vestrock Hulst festival met niet alleen muziek - BN DeStem
- Teruglezen: Malaise Free Record Shop raakt hele muziekindustrie - Volkskrant
- Opposites en De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig op Lowlands - Parool.nl
- Internetsensatie Atlas Genius sluit geen compromissen - Volkskrant
- Glennis Grace heeft 'geen behoefte' aan deelname Songfestival - NU.nl
- Moeder natuur kan eindexamen muziek niet stoppen - Oog TV
- Obama eert singer-songwriter Carole King - NU.nl
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Toppers klaar voor Arabisch concert - AD.nl
- Zondagmiddag gevarieerd concert in het ICO - dé Weekkrant
- Concert KamerOrkest - De Kaap
- Groot concert voor Alpe d'Huzes met Jan Vayne en Petra Berger - DeStadAmersfoort.nl
- Gerard Joling geeft concert in Ziggo Dome - Volkskrant
- Concert van Lisa Lois wordt verplaatst - Podiuminfo.nl
- Concert Ontmoetingskerk - DeStadGorinchem.nl
- Toppers in Concert 2013: Help, er is een dresscode!… - Blog.nl (Blog)
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Concert Maroon 5 half jaar uitgesteld - 3FM- Radio