“Saturday Night Live” comic Jason Sudeikis has been named the host of the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. The 35-year-old “Hall Pass” star will lead the event at the Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, California, on June 5.
He said of his new role, “I’m sincerely flattered that the folks from the Mostly Teenage Viewers network have invited me to host this year, and I look forward to keeping the streak of flawless and critically lauded movie awards show hosting in 2011 alive.”
MTV President Stephen Friedman added, “Smart and funny is the new rock and roll for our audience – and that combo pretty much sums up Jason. He is a smartass and a gentleman who never goes for the easy or obvious joke.”
“Because of that, he is the ideal Movie Awards host, and we are confident with him anchoring the show, our audience is in store for unexpected and crazy moments with Hollywood’s biggest stars and musicians.”
The nominees for the awards show will be based on the people’s votes at MovieAwards.MTV.com. They will be announced on Tuesday and voting will continue until June 4.
Sudeikis will be seen next in the star-studded comedy “Horrible Bosses” alongside Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx, Colin Farrell, Donald Sutherland, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Julie Bowen, and Kevin Spacey. He will also star in another ensemble cast film “Movie 43″ this year.
Conan O’Brien’s Long-Awaited Return to Late-Night Television Attracts Younger Viewers. Conan O’Brien’s new TBS talk show was a hit with young viewers Monday night, and it’s reported that the audience had a median age of 30 years old. This late night TV talk show is definitely not “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno.
“Conan,” which featured guests Seth Rogen, Lea Michele and Jack White, was watched by 2,451,000 adults ages 18 to 34; 3,285,000 adults 18-49; and 4,155,000 viewers. O’Brien has a strong following among younger viewers, and social media has proven to be a key way for him to connect with his fans. “Conan’s audience has been very vocal online, and he clearly made a smooth transition from Twitter to TBS,” said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks, in a statement. “Conan delivered an extraordinary audience and stands out as the youngest late-night talk show on television.” Tonight, “Conan’s” second episode will feature Tom Hanks, Jack McBrayer and Soundgarden as guests. Upcoming guests include Jon Hamm of “Mad Men,” Fistful of Mercy and “Paper Heart” actress Charlyne Yi on Wednesday; and actor Michael Cera, “Modern Family’s” Julie Bowen and Canadian comedian Jon Dore on Thursday.
“Modern Family’s” episode on Wednesday, October 6 on ABC should be a load of laughs. Nathan Lane and Vic Polizos, who has guest-starred in a number of comedies and dramas, will guest star in the episode. An earthquake hits, leaving Claire (Julie Bowen) stuck in the bathroom with the plumber, played by Polizos. Manny experiences an existential crisis while out with Jay (Ed O’Neill), and Mitchell and Cameron (Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet) dig themselves a lie they have trouble getting out of when they use the quake to get out of a themed brunch party thrown by their friend, Pepper, played by Nathan Lane. This will be Polizos’ second guest-star appearance this year; he guest starred on “Desperate Housewives” earlier this year. Previously, Polizos has guest-starred on “Raising the Bar,” “CSI” and “Boston Legal.” Lane has guest-starred on various sitcoms in the last few years, including “30 Rock,” and has appeared in or lent his voice to several films, including “Swing Vote,” “Astro Boy,” and “The Producers.”
- Het Goede Doel presenteert nieuw album - NU.nl
- De muziek uit... Super Mario 64 - FOK!
- Ouderen staan in de rij om moderne muziek te zingen - RTV Noord
- Caro Emerald viert succes elke dag - Parool.nl
- Combinatie van poëzie en muziek krijgt nieuwe kans in Breda - BN DeStem
- Eindexamen muziek met Krystl - 3FM- Radio
- EU beschermt eigen muziek- en filmindustrie - Volkskrant
- Muziek en Engels op achtste examendag - NU.nl
- Componist Henri Dutilleux (97) overleden - NU.nl
- Brian May noemt The Voice 'ultieme belediging voor muziek' - NU.nl
- Concert Editors in de Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam - Vovert.nl
- Concert in de Pauluskerk - Blog.nl (Blog)
- René Schuurmans klaar voor Toppers in Concert en zijn tienjarig jubileum - Omroep Brabant
- Concert aande Schie - dé Weekkrant
- 100%NL live vanaf 'RTL Viert de Zomer Concert' - Radio.NL
- Concert in Schutsmantel - dé Weekkrant
- Editors voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Placebo voor concert naar Ziggo Dome - NU.nl
- Rockband Paramore naar HMH voor concert - NU.nl
- Soundgarden voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl