Bollywood’s Gutsy Actor Turns Singer In Hollywood. She is known for her gutsy moves both onscreen and off, but now Bollywood actor Mallika Sherawat will be holding a microphone for her singing debut in the Hollywood project ‘Hisss.’ The music for the film has been composed by Beatles’ legend John Lennon’s son Julian Lennon. Sherawat, who spent a year in Los Angeles, shooting for the film and her other assignments, landed in Mumbai recently and announced that she had recorded the song in Los Angeles and it would be released during the film promos, which are to go on air soon. The film also has another song in Mallika’s voice, which has been recorded by German music director Alexander Von Bubenheim, who has, incidentally, also recorded the background music for the film. The film, directed by Jennifer Lynch, tells the story of the legend of Naga and revenge of a snake woman, whose partner is captured by an American hunter. The film would be released in October this year
The real life Lucy from the Beatles’ song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” has died after a long fight against lupus. The death of Lucy Vodden at age 46 has been announced by St. Thomas’ Hospital in London, where she was treated. The hospital said Monday she died after battling the disease for years. Vodden came to the attention of John Lennon when the Beatles’ young son Julian came home from school one day with a drawing that he said was “Lucy in the sky with diamonds.” The elder Lennon turned it into a psychedelic masterpiece long associated with LSD use. Julian Lennon reached out to Vodden in recent years as she suffered from the disease. Lupus is a chronic illness during which the immune system attacks the body’s own tissue.
A brand new exhibition giving the most personal insight into the family life of John, Julian and Cynthia Lennon launches on Wednesday 17th June at The Beatles Story in Liverpool. Through personal on-screen conversations, Julian and Cynthia take visitors on a journey through their family life – re-living the various phases of a story which begins in Liverpool in the band’s early days, and ends with the tragic and untimely death of John Lennon. In one of the key features of the exhibition, Cynthia recounts how she felt ostracised by The Beatles when her marriage to John broke down, and how she was left to look after their son Julian following the split. Paul McCartney, sympathetic to the emotions of Cynthia and her then five-year-old son Julian, wrote Hey Jude in order to console him during the divorce. The lyrics for the multi-million selling chart topper were composed by McCartney on a car journey as he travelled to visit his fellow Beatle’s wife and son. Originally titled ‘Hey Jules’ for Julian, he later changed the wording to ‘Hey Jude’ as it was easier to sing. Julian bought the notes at auction some years ago along with many of the other items in the exhibition in memory of his father. Other personal possessions, including Lennon’s Honda ‘monkey bike’ motorbike and an electric guitar inscribed with the message ‘To Julian from Daddy, Christmas 1973’, will tell a 20-year tale of John Lennon’s home life and music career. Julian Lennon says: ”John Lennon is an idol to millions of people who grew up loving his music and ideals, but to me he is the father I loved and lost. I hope this exhibition lets people see another aspect of his life and our time together as a family. This collection represents something of great importance to us as it is part of our history. We hope you find it a fitting tribute to a great talent and a remarkable man.’ Jerry Goldman at The Beatles Story comments: ‘The Beatles Story is dedicated to celebrating the music and cultural influence of the Beatles. We are delighted to be working with Julian and Cynthia to tell their story of their life with John through this world exclusive exhibition, being hosted in our new second venue.
- Zanger Daft Punk-hit overleden - NU.nl
- Anouk gaat als eerste haar kinderen zoenen - Volkskrant
- Eerste Pinksterdag in Brabant: muziek, biggenraces en veldslagen - Omroep Brabant
- Madese tent bol van muziek - BN DeStem - BN DeStem
- Anouk trekt bijna 6 miljoen kijkers - Volkskrant
- . Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl - NU.nl
- De Forest vindt songfestivalwinst 'overweldigend' - NU.nl
- Denemarken wint Eurovisie Songfestival 2013 - NU.nl
- Anouk zingt nummer vlekkeloos op Songfestival - NU.nl
- Waarom blijft dat liedje van Anouk zo hangen? - Volkskrant
- Concert op gerestaureerde orgel - Dichtbij.nl
- Succesvol concert regionale Pluskoor Gelderse Vallei - dé Weekkrant
- Concert voor vroege vogels - Ede Stad
- Zangeres Pearl Jozefzoon te gast op Concert in Harmony - Stellingwerf
- Concert: Moss + Stuart Mavis, Leeuwarden, Asteriks - FOK!
- Choral Music Projects geeft groot concert op 8 juni in Plantagekerk - HetKontaktVeluwsNieuwsblad.nl
- Afwisselend concert in Pnielkerk in Veenendaal - dé Weekkrant
- Depeche Mode annuleert concert vanwege wegblokkade - NU.nl
- Frank Ocean voor concert naar Amsterdam - NU.nl
- Beyoncé haalt concert België eind van de maand in - NU.nl